YYZ Assessments Dec 11-13, 2017

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Assessments Dec 11-13, 2017

Post by vinblastine »

I'm writing Tuesday as well!

Does anyone have any insight as to what it will be about? (I should probably check the other forums)
---------- ADS -----------

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

Are you really writing on Tuesday cause I got an email asking me to change dates from Olivia. I'm now writing on Monday
I'll try my best to share the outline of the day here

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

I was going to post to let you know they canceled Tuesday but I guess you already knew. I didn't receive any email and had to email them. I'll probably write Thursday but I have to check with my boss. Ugh.

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

Just finished the day
It's a lot harder
The morning is similar to the written assessment with similar tests.afternoon you have simulations. Its difficult to explain plus I don't think I can diverge much more from the consent that I signed.
There definitely is no way to prepare for this.
Wish I could help you all out more.

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

Oh boy, now I'm nervous... :shock:

Thanks for the info though!

.TODA.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by .TODA. »

Thank you for sharing Xpoy, and so soon after the exam.
Much appreciated by all of us indeed.
Good Luck to everyone writing, I sincerely wish those that want it badly great success.

Toda

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tiramisu »

xpoy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm Just finished the day
It's a lot harder
The morning is similar to the written assessment with similar tests.afternoon you have simulations. Its difficult to explain plus I don't think I can diverge much more from the consent that I signed.
Can you expand what you mean by written assessment? I've only done the online assessment. Are you referring to that one?

Thanks!

.TODA.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by .TODA. »

Tiramisu

He is referring to the old style assessment most of us on this thread have gone through last Dec 11-13. It was the old way of testing. Then in April NC came out with a new style of assessment, essentially putting us in limbo, as a new batch this April went through leaving us behind. Miraculously we have been contacted recently and invited to participate in the new style of assessment occuring now. The fact that you wrote just the quick online test and now invited for this assessment is proof in action that NC is trying to speed up the selection process. Hope that answers your question

Toda

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

xpoy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm Just finished the day
It's a lot harder
Thanks for sharing what you can. Obviously, they want to maintain the integrity of the selection process so I guess you can’t tell us much. You said it was harder than you expected but was there anything that surprised you? Any idea when the next course offerings will be? Just wondering if they spoke to that at all. How many people were in your testing session? And did they talk about how the selection process will go? Sorry for all the questions. This is my first crack at this. I’m hoping to stream IFR. Hope you did well and good luck to those yet to write. I’m going in Oct 1!

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tiramisu »

.TODA. wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:48 pm Tiramisu

He is referring to the old style assessment most of us on this thread have gone through last Dec 11-13. It was the old way of testing. Then in April NC came out with a new style of assessment, essentially putting us in limbo, as a new batch this April went through leaving us behind. Miraculously we have been contacted recently and invited to participate in the new style of assessment occuring now. The fact that you wrote just the quick online test and now invited for this assessment is proof in action that NC is trying to speed up the selection process. Hope that answers your question

Toda
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. Can you or anyone provide any insight on what the old assessment is like?

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

I must say, that new assessment is more intense and more ATC specific than the old assessment. I think I lost a few brain cells from overuse.

The old assessment was like a IQ/English/Wonderlic test, but it's not that similar to the new one so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

I think my brain is finally back to normal since Monday.
I think my brain got overloaded. Tuesday I was a bit out of it and finally last night fell asleep at 7...needed a full 12 hrs of sleep.

This new assessment is called FEAST...it basically feast on your brain...probably created by aliens

Like vin says the old assessment was IQ type tests, which there are a couple that are similar in nature but its the tests in the afternoon that will squeeze your brain.

The afternoon tests are more testing if you can retain info given to you over a short period of time while needing to focus on hands on type work.
Which is very similar to on the job skills required.

The only thing that you can help to prepare for this is to work on your short term memory.

Play a game like Fortnite while trying to remember your license plate # and have someone randomly read out other license plate # and you need to identify every time they read out yours.

I dont know if I gave out too much info....LOL...dont want them to come after me :axe:

acehigh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by acehigh »

Have any of you gotten results from your feast?

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

acehigh wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:10 am Have any of you gotten results from your feast?
Nothing yet! The wait is agonizing...

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

Just received an e-mail inviting me to round 2 testing for Nov 15-16. I'm quite conflicted since I just started this new job a month ago and it's a pretty sweet gig. Bah, not sure if I'm going to go.

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

I got my email as well for Nov 15-16
I also started a job end of May. Almost pretty good with great potential. We've made it this far...no reason to not keep going on.
I hope I will see you there Vin!

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

First off, I wanna say CONGRATS to vinblasine and xpoy on your invitations to the next round! I did not receive an email so I assume I am at the end of the road this time around. What a bummer but I will take it in stride and hope for better the next go around. Please keep us updated each step of the way so we can know what to expect for the future. I wish you both all the best of luck at the bootcamp. BTW if you are considering not taking the opportunity, please reconsider! This is a huge achievement to get to this step. I hope you find a way to make it happen and hopefully get the final invitation you ultimately got into this for in the first place!

Guess that's it for now!

acehigh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by acehigh »

@ SZL

I wouldn't write it off completely yet. I wrote on the 6th and they told us it would be 4 weeks until we were notified of anything. I did not get an invite yet either.

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

So I turned down the 2 day assessment for November, I don't want to take the 2 days off so soon after starting my new job. Conor said he'll keep me on the eligibility list for next time, although I have no idea what that means. :shock: There's always next time anyways, I don't think my capabilities will deteriorate that quickly.

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Hey guys
I am in YEG and just received an email from NAV 2 days ago inviting me to book a date and do FEAST. I dont think anyone in Edmonton has done this type of assessment as of yet. By going through some of the comments on this thread, i see it is very intense.
Question - phase 2 of FEAST is the 2 day boot-camp?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”