Stressing about the medical.

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

911slow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Stressing about the medical.

Post by 911slow »

Just got the green light that I am in the pool for a potential offer. It has been a long process and I am very excited but I am worried that I might fail the medical as my hearing is not great. I have trouble distinguishing words in crowded settings with a lot of background noise. I usually wear hearing aids to work although i hear great with a headset on. Are the hearing aids going to disqualify me? Should I disclose or try to do the test without? I know it's a safety issue and all...I'm not trying to dupe anyone but it would suck to get this far and lose the opportunity because of the medical.
.....just trying to prepare myself for what may be.
---------- ADS -----------

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Stressing about the medical.

Post by wordstwice »

I don’t really want to comment on the medical standards for a Cat II medical (which is the medical you need for ATC) I will say this.

1-Do not hide you hearing issue, be upfront with it right away.

2- try not to worry too much, Medical examiners want you to be able to work and will do what they can to make that happen.(within the confines of the standards)

If you use a hearing aid, bring it. If you have any reports from previous audiograms, bring them and most importantly, be honest to the doctor.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”