Nav Canada - Round 2 FEAST

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bagelrino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nav Canada - Round 2 FEAST

Post by Bagelrino »

Hey all, I did my initial assessment (FEAST) for Nav Can in April - I got invited back for Round 2 (woo!)

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into Round 2 of testing. Is it more testing? Interviewing? etc, etc..

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Nav Canada - Round 2 FEAST

Post by Ssauvage87 »

There will apparently be more info sent about 2 weeks before your test to prepare for, someone said a wSim would be involved, and yes there is at least one in person interview on at least one or the two days.

But I haven't really heard how many of the 30 they plan on offering spots. The lady doing the assessment said she believes it's their intention to keep most of them, that this second round May just be to confirm and elaborate on eligibility.

I have emailed Olivia 10 days ago with no response and I left her a voicemail on Monday with no return call yet. On Friday I'm just going to call different national recruitment hotlines as I still haven't even gotten official confirmation that the dates I picked in the doodle poll are my official dates.

Bagelrino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bagelrino »

Ssauvage87 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:31 am There will apparently be more info sent about 2 weeks before your test to prepare for, someone said a wSim would be involved, and yes there is at least one in person interview on at least one or the two days.

But I haven't really heard how many of the 30 they plan on offering spots. The lady doing the assessment said she believes it's their intention to keep most of them, that this second round May just be to confirm and elaborate on eligibility.

I have emailed Olivia 10 days ago with no response and I left her a voicemail on Monday with no return call yet. On Friday I'm just going to call different national recruitment hotlines as I still haven't even gotten official confirmation that the dates I picked in the doodle poll are my official dates.
When I took my test she said about 20 of the 30 would move on. I also e-mailed her inquiring about this next round of testing without a result.

Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

Ssauvage87 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:31 am There will apparently be more info sent about 2 weeks before your test to prepare for, someone said a wSim would be involved, and yes there is at least one in person interview on at least one or the two days.

Let us know if you get any useful information from the national recruitment helpline.

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

Spoke to Joanne at national

She wasn't able up tell me anything. Just that we'll be contacted further.

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

Got the confirmation email today.
Apparently there's nothing to prepare for ahead of time, you'll get some material to study on the first day.

Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

Ssauvage87 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:15 pm Got the confirmation email today.
Apparently there's nothing to prepare for ahead of time, you'll get some material to study on the first day.
Yeah even I got the email. So any guess what's gonna happen in those 2 days?

timanur
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by timanur »

Congrats with the invite for round 2. What province are you in? I got the green in May still haven't heard from them. I am in Toronto and wanna know if they had round 2 exams here yet...

Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

timanur wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 am Congrats with the invite for round 2. What province are you in? I got the green in May still haven't heard from them. I am in Toronto and wanna know if they had round 2 exams here yet...
This was for Toronto ACC. But this time they tested it differently. They had an online exam and then a 2 day boot camp to screen candidates. The results of the boot camp will be announced by July end. The training batch is expected to start around August end.

timanur
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by timanur »

What do you mean by boot camp? You got the green tick in April and was invited to round 2(in-person exam) in May, right? I got the green tick in early May and hasn't heard from them since, does it mean that I was screened out or that it will be announced at the end of July. Thank you for corresondence.

enbridge
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by enbridge »

timanur wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 am What do you mean by boot camp? You got the green tick in April and was invited to round 2(in-person exam) in May, right? I got the green tick in early May and hasn't heard from them since, does it mean that I was screened out or that it will be announced at the end of July. Thank you for corresondence.
The application process for YYZ changed with this batch of applicants. The in-person exam which used to consist of the W-SIM and a paper exam is now a new computer-based test that was taken at the Toronto ACC. The steps for these processes don't update on the takecharge website with green/yellow/red lights after the online aptitude test. They called and emailed applicants for all invitations to assessments after the online aptitude test with this new system. Unfortunately you missed the boat for intake courses starting this September even though you received the green light for the online test, since in May they were already assessing applicants in-person for this September intake. The next set of courses begins in ~March. The bootcamp that was mentioned is a new two-day in-person assessment process that applicants who were successful in the computer-based test at the ACC were invited to.

Last edited by enbridge on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

timanur wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 am What do you mean by boot camp? You got the green tick in April and was invited to round 2(in-person exam) in May, right? I got the green tick in early May and hasn't heard from them since, does it mean that I was screened out or that it will be announced at the end of July. Thank you for corresondence.
Got the green light for online test on takecharge website in March. Then some 150 applicants were invited to YYZ ACC for an online test in April. Later in May end and June 1st week, 30 were invited for a 2 day bootcamp. Now we are waiting to hear back from them. The course starts in Fall this year.

Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

Bagelrino wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 am Hey all, I did my initial assessment (FEAST) for Nav Can in April - I got invited back for Round 2 (woo!)

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into Round 2 of testing. Is it more testing? Interviewing? etc, etc..

Thanks
Hey guys, do you know when can we expect to hear back from them about our applications?

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

Maverick28 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:48 pm
Bagelrino wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 am Hey all, I did my initial assessment (FEAST) for Nav Can in April - I got invited back for Round 2 (woo!)

Thanks
Hey guys, do you know when can we expect to hear back from them about our applications?
i was really hoping to have heard back by now :(
i emailed connor on June 25th, and have gotten no response
i dont see how the class can go ahead for the beginning of sept like they said, we still have to get a category 2 aviation medical, get our secret level security clearance and study the 50 hours of online training they send out beforehand.

not to mention wrapping up your life in one location and securing a place to live in toronto and moving and all this. they usually like to give 3-5 months notice, 6 or 7 weeks seems a bit tight.

enbridge
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by enbridge »

They actually sent out offers (likely the first round) ~2 weeks ago. I think they gave a late July date as the latest possible date candidates may hear back, in case those who received first round offers were unable to pass the medical or reference checks, or in case they decline the offer.

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

enbridge wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:22 am They actually sent out offers (likely the first round) ~2 weeks ago. I think they gave a late July date as the latest possible date candidates may hear back, in case those who received first round offers were unable to pass the medical or reference checks, or in case they decline the offer.
regardless, we were 100% assured that we would be contacted one way or the other, either with an offer, with being on the waitlist, with passing but not being offered a spot at this time, or with not passing at all.

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

conor got back to me.

i didnt make the cut.

congrats to those who did :crybig:

sebastian - out!

Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

enbridge wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:22 am They actually sent out offers (likely the first round) ~2 weeks ago. I think they gave a late July date as the latest possible date candidates may hear back, in case those who received first round offers were unable to pass the medical or reference checks, or in case they decline the offer.
Did you get the offer?

Maverick28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maverick28 »

Ssauvage87 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 am conor got back to me.

i didnt make the cut.

congrats to those who did :crybig:

sebastian - out!
Oh sorry to hear that! So they did send the offers already? Should we assume if we did not hear from them, that we did not make it? I am gonna send them an email too.

enbridge
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by enbridge »

Maverick28 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:18 pm
Did you get the offer?
I did!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”