YVR phone interview

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR phone interview

Post by WoS »

That's what I thought too, that you would get a notification email from Workday.

Maybe shoot Dawn an email and ask what stream you are in?
---------- ADS -----------

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

any update anyone?
I haven't emailed Dawn yet, but have been considering.

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

update: I did email Dawn, and she replied back saying that you wont know what stream you got until an offer is made!

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

Hi Wanderlust. Just wondering if you can clarify something for me. My account also says "Eligible for offer." Did Dawn say that means we passed the interview and would be moving into the training pool? If so, how long until we are actually notified of that? Thanks.

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

As that's too bad! So hopefully you get an offer soon so we can find out! :)

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stabilizedapproach »

dbebz wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm If so, how long until we are actually notified of that? Thanks.
If it’s anything like before, moving onto the next step keeps your application valid for 18 months. If you are loaded onto a class, you will find out a few months before your start date.

An IFR and VFR class started a few months ago, and an FSS/FIC class started shortly after. The training picture is looking good right now so they probably won’t start anything until well into the new year.

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

dbebz wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm Hi Wanderlust. Just wondering if you can clarify something for me. My account also says "Eligible for offer." Did Dawn say that means we passed the interview and would be moving into the training pool? If so, how long until we are actually notified of that? Thanks.
yes you are correct, you have passed the interview - congrats!
My email from Dawn says this:

"At this time you have been added to the pool, the stream has not yet been confirmed and would not be until you receive an offer."

So I guess now we just wait for a potential offer. They did say that they like to get offers out 2-3 months prior to start date so people can get their lives together etc.

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

Awesome! Hopefully we hear back some time relatively soon!

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WoS »

So happy to hear that so many people here are in the candidate pool!!! This group is growing :)

Let’s keep each other posted of updates. It would be a pretty awesome Christmas if offer goes out before then.

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

Hi all-

exciting news! I just got an IFR offer, starting in April!
I have many mixed emotions.. I was REALLY hoping for VFR because of my aviation passion.
Additionally, the high fail rate really scares me.... but I am EXCITED! and nervous also.

Can't wait to hear if anyone else got offers!!!

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

That makes 2 of us! Anyone else get any good news?

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Congrats Wanderlust and dbebez! That is amazing news! I am sooooo happy for you!! Thst must be the best Xmas present ever! :) I am sure you will do great wanderlust! So exciting!

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WoS »

Congrats Wanderlust and Dbebz!!!! That’s awesome news, and just in time for Christmas!!! Soooooo happy for you guys.

Wanderlust, don’t worry I am sure you will do great!

VFRDreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by VFRDreamer »

I am so thrilled to hear some people getting offers on here. Congrats to those that are going through!

Waiting for a VFR offer since I was streamed before they changed their systems. I am kinda scared though because I got the "eligible for offer" in July and the next training session is July and I didn't qualify for the September one. If I don't get into July training then I'll be stuck waiting 2 years (6 months until for the application to expire and 18 months to be eligible to reapply). Unfortunate to go through so much and potentially miss out by a little bit.

I will be even more concerned if they do another assessment session before filling up those training spots!

-VFRDreamer
dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

Don’t quote me on this, but I thought that if you don’t get picked within 18 months of ‘eligible for offer,’ then you can reapply the very next day. That’s what I thought.

Really hoping you hear back soon! Should be around March or April for VFR offers I’m guessing.

VFRDreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by VFRDreamer »

I hope so! They have not updated their website for the new application protocol, it still says 1 year to reapply even. The longer I wait the more sure I am of how much I really want this :D .

-VFRDreamer

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”