YQM Hiring Run

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MonctonATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

YQM Hiring Run

Post by MonctonATC »

Is anyone part of the hiring run for YQM right now? Assessments back in Jun? Interviews? What's on the go
---------- ADS -----------

Rictus78
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YQM Hiring Run

Post by Rictus78 »

Hello,

I was at Assessment in June. Just did my phone interview on August 3rd and got the green light the same day.

MonctonATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MonctonATC »

Same, did my phone interview and got green light same day. Waiting now for in person interview time.

Rictus78
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rictus78 »

Just received an email for the second round interview.

MonctonATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MonctonATC »

I rec’d an invite for the second round interview as well. Good luck to anyone else who did!

GirlFriday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GirlFriday »

Attended the 2nd level interview YQM in Sept 2018. Just wondering if anyone else attended the interview, if they have heard anything? Anyone know when the training classes start? And is there a correlation between which stream you are being considered for and the questions you are asked at the 2nd level interview? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

GirlFriday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GirlFriday »

Anyone heard back from heather in person 2nd level interviews for YQM September 2018.

YQMskier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YQMskier »

Hi, I also interviewed at the Moncton ACC in mid-Sept. I emailed Joanne today asking when we might have results (3+ weeks of looking at that yellow light was getting old) and she said it usually takes "several weeks" to get results out and that they should be available next week. Best of luck on hearing of your results, everyone!

GirlFriday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GirlFriday »

Hi there. I interviewed in Sept as well. Just wondering if you were told what stream you were being considered for? Or if you were asked any questions that led you to believe what stream? Also, I heard that there is training in Feb, Mar and Sept but wondering if you knew which training was for which month? ( FOR, VFR, FSS). Any info would be appreciated. That yellow light is getting old!

YQMskier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YQMskier »

I can't say for certain, sorry! I was asked questions along the same lines as many other folks indicated would be asked on interview #2 but none that seemed to be biased toward a particular stream. I heard the same - courses in Feb/Mar or Sept. I think we are in the same boat for info! Joanne's email reassured me that I wasn't forgotten in the system somehow, haha.

Rosack
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rosack »

Just wondering if anyone got a call? I kinda figure at this point I didn't qualify for this round of training but would still like to have confirmation of that.

MonctonATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MonctonATC »

Next course isn’t until Spring (April I think). I wouldn’t think anyone has heard anything yet.

GirlFriday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GirlFriday »

I thought the courses are in Feb, Mar and Sept 2019. Have they been pushed back to April now? That would clearly explain the delay in hearing back. But then if I recall it was in Dec last year that people knew for March, so 3 months out is the norm perhaps.

Rictus78
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rictus78 »

Just received an email. I was not successful in the 2nd interview. Good luck to you all.

GirlFriday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GirlFriday »

Hope you get in next time. Thanks for the update.

JetReath
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JetReath »

I passed the second round interview in October, was streamed VFR. Hoping to hear back before I have to pay tuition for my next semester!

GirlFriday
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GirlFriday »

Just curious....how do you know you were streamed VFR?

YQMskier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YQMskier »

Hey, I too passed the second interview in Sept and before the changeover from the old Take Charge site to the new one it told me I was streamed IFR after I uploaded my picture. There doesn't seem to be anything on the new site showing it now, though.

JetReath
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JetReath »

GirlFriday wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:52 pm Just curious....how do you know you were streamed VFR?
It told me in the bottom right corner of the takecharge site. Im not sure if they post it on the new site however.

On a separate note, has anyone on here been called back? I received my offer for VFR this morning.

MonctonATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MonctonATC »

Curious. Is your VFR course a national one? There is one ongoing now in Moncton from what I hear and it’s a national one meaning they could be sent to other FIRs

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”