YYZ Assessment (Feb 2019)

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ Assessment (Feb 2019)

Post by kvcy »

hopefulguy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm at least with FEAST you guys move forward fairly quickly. I did the in person assessment in vancouver in jan, and still have no idea when an interview might happen. could be 6 months could be another year :( Soooo boring with absolutely no info whatsoever, so I'm living through this excitement with you guys :D

but honestly I'm pretty sure you guys all moved on to the next round if you didn't get that dnmf. But don't quote me, I didn't take FEAST and don't work for nav's HR.
Oh wow so I guess it is quite longer on the west side with the older assessment than here. Didn't think you guys wouldn't know the interview date.
Fingers crossed for us all!
cm6966 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:06 am
kvcy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:19 pm
letsallbeatcs wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:12 pm I don't think that changes. I think if you began your application with the old system it gives you YYZ, while if you began you application process with the new workday system it's only NTL. I'm not sure about it though.

I didn't get any updates or offers yet though I hope it's soon.

I'd still like to know where the DNMF is showing up on some people's applications.
Ohhh I see. Boy am I glad to hear that! I got disappointed for a moment there :lol: Thought I'd have to wait another 6 months or so to be either disappointed or happy lol

I hope so too... this is eating away my patience

From someone that sent me a screenshot of theirs, it shows as "DNMF YYZ Not eligible for re-application within 18 months-*same thing in french*" where for us, it shows as "Air Traffic Services - Toronto/NTL ... "
It's been like that since the test. Haven't been contacted or what so ever, I wouldn't overthink that until there's official communication that says you're in or out. Everyone should be national under the new system, might just be updating your profile from YYZ to national.
Ohh I wasn't aware of that. Glad I asked on the forum haha
You're right, gotta be optimistic like hopefulguy and wait for the real announcements :)
---------- ADS -----------

sboss
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sboss »

kvcy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:57 pm First of all, congrats to both of you!
When did it change and did you receive any official email?

This is what mine looks like (nothing changed - I've had the "open" since taking FEAST and even before (if my memory is correct))
What does this mean? :( Does this mean that I wasn't in the top 30s this time and that my results will be taken in to compare for the next assessment?
What happens when you click "Job Posting"?

Mine doesn't show that and just shows the:

Open

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stabilizedapproach »

I did the in person assessment in vancouver in jan
If I’m not mistaken, I heard someone say their format was FEAST in late February. Could’ve been describing it wrong. You might’ve been the last to take the old assessment.

FlyingDino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingDino »

I’ve been watching this thread waiting for an update. I just got a letter of acceptance into the 2 day boot camp!!! I applied on the old system in April last year.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

Invitation emails being sent out.

Good luck everyone.

FlyingDino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingDino »

Hey everybody.

I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks, waiting for an update as well. I just got an acceptance email today! I originally applied in April last year and didn’t hear anything from them until my FEAST invitation in March.

sc4613
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sc4613 »

Hi All,

I was in the Feast session on Feb 28th just got an invite to the boot camp at the beginning of May.

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

Just got an invitation for the 2 day bootcamp.
Applied in December 2018, took FEAST at the beginning of this March.

Last edited by kvcy on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sboss
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sboss »

Gah, guess I didn't make it then

Maybe someone who got an invite changes their mind about the program and I'm number 31 lol

One can only hope

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

sc4613 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:35 am Hi All,

I was in the Feast session on Feb 28th just got an invite to the boot camp at the beginning of May.
Did you apply on the new Workday system? If so, did anything change on it?
Mine still says National but the email was for "Air Traffic Services - Toronto - ..."

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

I got an email for the boot camp about an hour ago. Nothing on the workday profile has changed yet, so check your emails. And best of luck to everyone else as well!

sc4613
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sc4613 »

kvcy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:03 pm
sc4613 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:35 am Hi All,

Did you apply on the new Workday system? If so, did anything change on it?
Mine still says National but the email was for "Air Traffic Services - Toronto - ..."
I applied Jan 3 of this year under the new system. Nothing has changed as of yet, my guess is once they set up the schedule selection for the 3 dates in work day we will be pinged by email to make our choice.

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Grats everyone!!!

FlyingDino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingDino »

Did anybody get the second email yet? I only got a first one that said I would receive a second one through workday to book. That was on Wednesday. I’m eager!

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

FlyingDino wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:26 am Did anybody get the second email yet? I only got a first one that said I would receive a second one through workday to book. That was on Wednesday. I’m eager!
They definitely have a different definition of the word "shortly" than I do.

It's been three days.

FlyingDino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingDino »

plausiblyannonymous wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:10 pm
FlyingDino wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:26 am Did anybody get the second email yet? I only got a first one that said I would receive a second one through workday to book. That was on Wednesday. I’m eager!
They definitely have a different definition of the word "shortly" than I do.

It's been three days.
I just got my email today. Signed up for the first date possible. There was a lot of dates listed though. I understood that there was only 3 dates but there was tonnes of them.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

Just confirmed with Meredith and it is indeed an error. Should only be the 3 dates mentioned in the original email.

She didn't say so, but I would recommend that if you are picking a date, pick one of the 3 dates that she mentioned in her first email, so in case if she removes the dates that weren't supposed to be available, you don't have to reschedule (just me thinking here).

There was some issue in getting the self scheduler to work properly and hence the delay in sending out email, and as you see, the system still happens to have some issues.

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

You think if you select one of the dates not mentioned in their previous email they just boot you from the applicant pool haha. Joking aside I selected the first set of dates as well, and if you also did the first assessment on Feb 26 I'll see you again!

Also they said to make sure your resume is up to date but I can't even update my resume since I applied on their old site. Think I'm gonna email Meredith Monday regarding this.

See you all there!

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

Also since this is more of an interview I'm wondering if there's an actual dress code. Should I just dress nice or is this a suit and tie situation

FlyingDino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingDino »

letsallbeatcs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:13 pm Also since this is more of an interview I'm wondering if there's an actual dress code. Should I just dress nice or is this a suit and tie situation

In situations where you aren’t sure what to wear, you can never overdress. If you overdress, you just look really good. I’ll be wearing a suit just in case.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”