What does DNMF NTL mean on application?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: What does DNMF NTL mean on application?

Post by digits_ »

jakeandelwood wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 pm
SYT_YYZ wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:41 pm Gawd one can only pray lol.
I'm just not optimistic given the qonderlic example I read as well.

Maybe their lines and inboxes wouldnt be so swamped if their notification and updates were made up of actual words and not these codes we have to guess at hahah
Maybe it's some strange aviation abbreviation that the letters have nothing to do with the actual meaning such as BR meaning mist or "baby rain" as my old instructor told to remember it by. :roll:
Brouillard. It is a type of fog, or the french translation of "fog"
---------- ADS -----------

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

digits_ wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 pm
SYT_YYZ wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:41 pm Gawd one can only pray lol.
I'm just not optimistic given the qonderlic example I read as well.

Maybe their lines and inboxes wouldnt be so swamped if their notification and updates were made up of actual words and not these codes we have to guess at hahah
Maybe it's some strange aviation abbreviation that the letters have nothing to do with the actual meaning such as BR meaning mist or "baby rain" as my old instructor told to remember it by. :roll:
Brume, I thought.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

photofly wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 pm
digits_ wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Brume, I thought.
I think brume translates as mist, brouillard as fog. Brume implies higher visibility, brouillard would be the low vis stuff.

But it is possible I am completely wrong. I have never found an official reference.

//edit: wait that doesnt make sense. It would be brume then, using that logic.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

I still like "baby rain" it sounds so professional.

CanadianBird
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CanadianBird »

Just stumbled across this post. Anyone know what the wonderlic standard is for this position???

We use wonderlic at my work as well. Just wanted to get a comparison.

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

I'll chime in here a bit. While I'm not totally sure what DNMF stands for I don't think it is good since I can confirm that your status on workday changes to something like "assessment" during/after FEAST, then to "interview" before/after if you get to the bootcamp, and then "eligible for offer" if you were successful with the bootcamp. You also get an email when you "pass" each step saying you met the minimum requirements and will be considered for the next step.

If you have heard nothing back I don't think it's the best news, but from what I have heard if you don't make it or are no longer being considered they do notify you. In theory you could get stuck at a step if you scored high enough to pass but were low overall. For instance if you took the initial online test and just passes, they get a lot of people taking it each application period and presumably take the top marks each time (say 150 people pass but only 100 move to FEAST). So while you did meet their minimum requirement you may never move on to the FEAST. Same thing could apply at any of the other steps. Those 50 people are basically hoping that they are in the top 100 in the next round, and will remain in that pool for 18 months since they did pass.

As far as the 18 month waiting period, we were told at the bootcamp that it is 18 months from when you get official rejection. So someone who fails FEAST could apply 18 months after that notification, while someone who passes FEAST and fails the bootcamp would have to wait 18 months after hearing they didn't pass bootcamp which is an extra few months past the FEAST person in the same application group.

My understanding is that if you passed the minimum mark but don't get an offer for the next step you are eligible for up to 18 months (3 hiring periods) but like I was saying I would assume they would then take the person with the next highest score. I have no idea how all of that is managed or how many people would be in this situation, I would assume it becomes fewer as you move through the application process as there are probably a lot of people who pass the online test but keep getting outscored by new applicants, but for instance if you passed the bootcamp but didn't get an offer there are probably only a few people in that situation at that point so you might actually be considered seriously during the next hiring round especially if people don't pass medicals, background checks, or got other jobs during the long application process. All of that is to say my understanding is that if you are still "active" in their system then your 18 months to re-apply doesn't start until you officially "time out" of that step or are told you didn't pass.

Sorry to be long winded but it isn't a totally clear process and a lot of this is from piecing things together. Often times when people don't move on they go silent on here and you never know how they officially found out they didn't pass or were no longer being considered.

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

Well thanks for trying to explain it. The whole process seems vague and confusing. DNM to me sounds like "did not meet" doesn't seem good anyway

shortbreads
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shortbreads »

Like someone else said I’m pretty sure it stands for “do not move forward” as in HR won’t be moving your application any further.

Moosetracks, I also did the interview in Edmonton in October and am sitting on eligible for offer. Do you know anyone who got a DNMF already after the camp? As far as I can tell no one from my two days got DNMF’d yet, but only a couple of us were updated to eligible for offer.

nk215
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nk215 »

Hi,

I just completed the online assessment (FEAST, I think). How long does it usually take to hear whether you passed or not?

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

nk215 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:20 am Hi,

I just completed the online assessment (FEAST, I think). How long does it usually take to hear whether you passed or not?
Online assessment is not FEAST but the wonderlic test. FEAST is a day long computer based exam at a NAV CANADA facility.

You are allowed to apply every 18 months and I am not sure if there is a failing mark for this per se (I think there is) but regardless they take the top scores from applicants in each region each hiring period. Meaning even if you passed you are not guaranteed a FEAST spot as they take the top scores each time since employee referrals get automatic entrance into the FEAST and the exact number of FEAST participants from the "public pool" would vary slightly each time. Normally around 100 people are invited to take the FEAST and the top 20-30 of those (plus previous applicants) get interviews depending on operational requirements (more on these numbers in other posts).

Your workday account will likely say something like "assessment" and you would get an email closer to the actual FEAST testing days if you make the cut. Their website lists the application deadlines and expected dates the FEAST would be given for the various regions here: https://takecharge.navcanada.ca/apply/

I waited 3 months between the wonderlic and FEAST due purely to when I applied and was invited to FEAST a few weeks before the test.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”