Notice period for assessment or bootcamp.

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

Notice period for assessment or bootcamp.

Post by ProfessionalATC »

Hello all

I was just wondering if anyone has an idea of the minimum notice period that Nav Canada gives you to appear to do FEAST or bootcamp. In other words, when they send you the email to appear for an assessment how much time do you normally have. I plan on leaving the country for a bit and I would like to know that if i received an invite to do FEAST that I would have enough time to return and prepare.

Thank You.
---------- ADS -----------

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Notice period for assessment or bootcamp.

Post by hopefulguy »

I don't know the answer to your question, but we got our interview invites on Monday so that was the 10th? And the first interview date was on the 13th. But there were also other options way later like July 19th. So I guess the situation is different, not sure how much that helps you.

Also, if you're particular on times, pick a timeslot FAST. I'm in the middle of the forest in alberta right now with no internet most of the time and didn't see the interview times until a day after and didn't pick a time until the next day cuz I had to plan and stuff; but by the time I was picking a slot pretty much all of them were taken, only like 3 were left and one of the was the 13th which there was no way I could make it back in time. Was a pretty close call...

whatisttv
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Notice period for assessment or bootcamp.

Post by whatisttv »

I received my FEAST invitation on a Thursday or a Friday for a time slot the following week. The Monday following was the only day I could do it due to my work schedule so I had about 1-2 business days heads-up.

I think for my boot camp invitation, I had about a week or two heads-up. I don't remember the exact days for that one but it was enough to re-schedule some things around my work so that I can attend.

Hope this answer helps.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”