Decline an in-person assessment?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

stormymonday
Rank 2
Rank 2

Decline an in-person assessment?

Post by stormymonday »

Has anyone gotten an invite to an in-person assessment and declined, and then gotten another one for a different location?
---------- ADS -----------

CharlieDeeBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Decline an in-person assessment?

Post by CharlieDeeBoy »

I called recruitment. They said they had available seats in YQM so they called the closest IFR and connected people who said they would go to national classes.

She told me toronto YYZ will be having a in-person assessment session at the end of September and they should be contacting people the last week of August. So if you are from Toronto you may be put in the selection pool.

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

rcminvcr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 pm Was invited to the May 2018 assessment and again to the Jan 2019 assessment. Unfortunately, no dates worked for me again due to work and being out of area. :(

I wrote the online assessment in Jan 2018, so will likely be doing that again soon and hope I can make an assessment sometime this year. I'm hoping that being invited twice is a good sign. I'm worried about being invited a 3rd time if i've already had to turn down dates twice. :(

On that note, good luck to everyone attending the assessment this week! Stay sharp, work hard! :)

rcminvcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rcminvcr »

^ Ended up being invited to the YWG In-Person Assessment and have my file remain in the YVR region. If you can explain your situation, and pay for your travel, they're pretty accommodating if there's space.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

rcminvcr wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 pm ^ Ended up being invited to the YWG In-Person Assessment and have my file remain in the YVR region. If you can explain your situation, and pay for your travel, they're pretty accommodating if there's space.
I was going to resort to Reddit but thought I'd stop by here first. So I got an email saying I could wait for Toronto or if I was willing to go to Gander, I could test there. I opted for Gander because:

1) I am single, relatively young (under 30), have OSAP to pay back, and if I am lucky enough to make it, IFR/VFR both pay tremendously well.

2) I thought why the heck not. Who knows when the next batch comes around.

However, just out of my own curiosity, if I end up testing well on the in-person assessment, and the interview, will this mean I am now Gander bound or is this just a temporary situation? I hadn't put much thought into it because I could care less where I end up, but I was curious and still have preferences (don't we all?).

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”