yyz in person assessments

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
stormymonday
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

yyz in person assessments

Post by stormymonday » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:56 am

Anyone know if there have been any in person YYZ assessments lately? Or know of any upcoming? Any invites out?
---------- ADS -----------
  

CharlieDeeBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by CharlieDeeBoy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 am

There are YYZ assessments at the end of September. They will be contacting people at the last week of August.
---------- ADS -----------
  

stormymonday
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by stormymonday » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:24 am

CharlieDeeBoy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 am
There are YYZ assessments at the end of September. They will be contacting people at the last week of August.
amazing. thanks for the reply! I'll sit with my fingers crossed! :)
---------- ADS -----------
  

stormymonday
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by stormymonday » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:35 am

CharlieDeeBoy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 am
There are YYZ assessments at the end of September. They will be contacting people at the last week of August.
sorry, one more question, if you have any insight....

I recently declined an in person assessment in another area due to scheduling conflits (I had it listed as my second choice). YYZ is my first choice. Do you know the likelihood of getting an invite this time around? Obviously nothing is guaranteed, just hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot.
---------- ADS -----------
  

cm6966
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by cm6966 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 am

stormymonday wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:35 am
CharlieDeeBoy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 am
There are YYZ assessments at the end of September. They will be contacting people at the last week of August.
sorry, one more question, if you have any insight....

I recently declined an in person assessment in another area due to scheduling conflits (I had it listed as my second choice). YYZ is my first choice. Do you know the likelihood of getting an invite this time around? Obviously nothing is guaranteed, just hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot.
You might want to email the recruitment team to find out if that's the case.

Was rejected for bootcamp in April. Anyone one in a similar boat and the application status was changed to interview?
---------- ADS -----------
  

stormymonday
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by stormymonday » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 am

You might want to email the recruitment team to find out if that's the case.
Thanks cm6966- I actually did call. I was told that once the YQM assessments where closed up, I would be switched over to the YYZ pool. Fingers crossed that hear from them next week!!

My current status says "OPEN" does that just mean that I've passed the previous step and am "OPEN" to move forward whenever that may be?
---------- ADS -----------
  

cm6966
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by cm6966 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:16 am

stormymonday wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 am
You might want to email the recruitment team to find out if that's the case.
Thanks cm6966- I actually did call. I was told that once the YQM assessments where closed up, I would be switched over to the YYZ pool. Fingers crossed that hear from them next week!!

My current status says "OPEN" does that just mean that I've passed the previous step and am "OPEN" to move forward whenever that may be?
Good luck, you’ll get an email if you’re invited for next round. It’ll say assessment in status.
---------- ADS -----------
  

CharlieDeeBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by CharlieDeeBoy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:37 am

For what it's worth, my application currently says "status: assessment"
---------- ADS -----------
  

stormymonday
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by stormymonday » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:23 pm

CharlieDeeBoy wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:37 am
For what it's worth, my application currently says "status: assessment"
have you done the in-person yet, or waiting for an invite? Heres's hoping to getting an invite email this week or next!!!
---------- ADS -----------
  

mofoman
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by mofoman » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:32 pm

I received my assessment invite for YYZ today. Invite said only holding assessments for IFR/VFR not FSS positions. Assessments are being held Sept 23 to Oct 2.
---------- ADS -----------
  

flyingredkites
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by flyingredkites » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:11 pm

I also received my Assessment invite today, going near the end of September. Good luck everyone!
---------- ADS -----------
  

FlyingSolo
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 pm

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by FlyingSolo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Just got my invite email on Aug. 29th for in person assessments happening late September/early October at YYZ. Good luck to everyone. Hope you hear soon.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Ben.R
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by Ben.R » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Congrats to everyone who got invites, do you know if they are usually all sent out on the same day? I haven’t received mine so just wondering if its a for sure no this time around, thanks and congrats again!
---------- ADS -----------
  

stormymonday
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by stormymonday » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 am

Ben.R wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:23 pm
Congrats to everyone who got invites, do you know if they are usually all sent out on the same day? I haven’t received mine so just wondering if its a for sure no this time around, thanks and congrats again!
I'm still hoping to get one too.

I could be completely wrong, and this is just speculation on my part, but my guess would be that they are sent in batches. See who accepts, see who declines. I only say this as I was invited to a YQM assessment (which I had to decline) because after invites were out, there were still spots to fill.
That being said, I'm also under the assumption that the YYZ pool is quite large, so depending on where you are on the list based on the initial online assessment results could/would affect if you get an invite this time around or not.

Fingers crossed for both of us!
---------- ADS -----------
  

orthodoxcloud
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by orthodoxcloud » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:05 pm

I got the email for the in-person assessment on Aug 29th! Good luck to everyone!
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”