yyz in person assessments

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: yyz in person assessments

Post by moosetracks »

Huggy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 am I just got an email saying I’d passed the first round of tests but haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone know what happens next? Do I ever hear from NAV again? Do I ever get a rejection email?
There is a lot of info already on the forum about the whole process, do a little digging in other posts or PM me. Which part did you just pass?
---------- ADS -----------

Huggy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Huggy »

I went to the one day test at YYZ in October and was told I'd pased but haven't been called back. I've read the posts on this forum and obviously some have been called back for the 2 day testing/interviews. I assume, because i don't know, that those people did better than me. Does anyone know what happens to the rest of us? Do we ever get contacted or does NAV's silence speak volumes?

cm6966
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cm6966 »

pupelarajaka wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 am
cm6966 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:21 pm Anyone heard back yet?
Their last batch of interviews end today. And they told us at the selection camp that they'll try to get back to us early Dec.
can't resist to check workday a couple times a day.

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

Huggy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:27 pm I went to the one day test at YYZ in October and was told I'd pased but haven't been called back. I've read the posts on this forum and obviously some have been called back for the 2 day testing/interviews. I assume, because i don't know, that those people did better than me. Does anyone know what happens to the rest of us? Do we ever get contacted or does NAV's silence speak volumes?
If you failed FEAST they would have told you. So you got a passing score but everyone they invited to the bootcamp scored higher than you. You will still be considered for another 18 months so your basically now waiting for the next round of bootcamp and hoping that the next batch of FEAST people don't do as well putting you closer to the top.

This is the way every step in the process works, but presumably the number of people who pass and don't move on decreases with each step just as a product of fewer people progressing each time (meaning a lot of people probably pass the wonderlic but never take FEAST, while relatively few people who pass bootcamp don't get offers). It's not good enough to just pass, you have to be near the top each time or you can get stuck waiting.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

I had received a standby offer for the last course in August, which expired as it didn't convert to a firm offer.

I was informed today that I will not be given any offer for this course.

Offers are being sent out today. Congrats to those who are getting it. :)

tfGecko
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tfGecko »

So from those of us who were in the selection camp, has anyone heard anything beyond their status changing from "Interview" to "Assessment". Anyone have anything else on their status?

BRICK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BRICK »

I received an offer by phone Monday morning. They said that a formal letter would be sent through workday today, but none has come through yet for me. I'm guessing they weren't able to get around to it today and will tomorrow.

Did anyone else get a phone call?

cm6966
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cm6966 »

tfGecko wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:34 pm So from those of us who were in the selection camp, has anyone heard anything beyond their status changing from "Interview" to "Assessment". Anyone have anything else on their status?
Mine changed from "interview" to "assessment" too. There was no phone call.
BRICK wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:32 pm I received an offer by phone Monday morning. They said that a formal letter would be sent through workday today, but none has come through yet for me. I'm guessing they weren't able to get around to it today and will tomorrow.

Do you mind sharing what does workday status show for you?

BRICK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BRICK »

cm6966 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Do you mind sharing what does workday status show for you?
Mine also says "Assesment"

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

For those who are receiving 'offers' after the interview stage, could you share if it is just an offer to attend the next phase of training at whatever main center does the stream you have been selected for (i.e. VFR, IFR, FSS) or does the offer include a likely posting location should you be successful? Just wondering if you know where you will probably be sent if you pass the training.

I'm prepared to pick up and move in order to be successful but the earlier I know where I might be sent the easier it would be to make the transition. I am already established where I live, own a house, etc. so it will be a big change no matter what but depending on where I'm posted I would make different plans and preparations. I realize there is a 2 year commitment once posted, and no guarantee of re-assignment after, but I like where I live now and would hope to return if I could. There are towers and FSS nearby enough that if posted there I would probably try to rent my place and put some things in storage if I was close enough to keep connections with my community and check on the house once in a while. However, if I am to be posted to a remote location with little chance of leaving on days off for 2 years or more then I would approach my situation differently.

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 2083 »

Nekton wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 am For those who are receiving 'offers' after the interview stage, could you share if it is just an offer to attend the next phase of training at whatever main center does the stream you have been selected for (i.e. VFR, IFR, FSS) or does the offer include a likely posting location should you be successful? Just wondering if you know where you will probably be sent if you pass the training.

I'm prepared to pick up and move in order to be successful but the earlier I know where I might be sent the easier it would be to make the transition. I am already established where I live, own a house, etc. so it will be a big change no matter what but depending on where I'm posted I would make different plans and preparations. I realize there is a 2 year commitment once posted, and no guarantee of re-assignment after, but I like where I live now and would hope to return if I could. There are towers and FSS nearby enough that if posted there I would probably try to rent my place and put some things in storage if I was close enough to keep connections with my community and check on the house once in a while. However, if I am to be posted to a remote location with little chance of leaving on days off for 2 years or more then I would approach my situation differently.
I received an offer Monday morning for a VFR course in March 2020. No mention of which site I could be sent to, although I did not ask. My understanding is that I would be streamed for a particular site based on training performance, staffing levels, and seniority.

Workday status: Assessment.

Apoptosis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Apoptosis »

BRICK wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:32 pm I received an offer by phone Monday morning. They said that a formal letter would be sent through workday today, but none has come through yet for me. I'm guessing they weren't able to get around to it today and will tomorrow.

I also got a call monday morning, saying pretty much the same thing. I guess I'll see you in March!

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 2083 »

I received an offer Monday for a VFR YYZ course in March 2020. No mention of which site I could be sent to. Nothing on Workday yet; this was all via phone. My understanding is that candidates will be streamed to one of the towers based on training performance, staffing levels, and seniority.

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

Thank you, that's helpful to know.

It's still a long road for me to get to the offer stage from here but I'm an optimist so I'll start planning for a 2+ year absence and be happy if it works out better.

Also helpful to see the different Status updates at various stages, thanks for including.

pupelarajaka
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pupelarajaka »

has anyone gotten IFR offers yet?

skyofdiamonds
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by skyofdiamonds »

pupelarajaka wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 am has anyone gotten IFR offers yet?
I received a call on Monday for an IFR training seat! Wasn't expecting a 70-100 hour study package but here we go~

RBC37
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RBC37 »

I just got an email from NAV Canada advising I achieved the minimum pass mark (similar to after FEAST) and may be considered for a course offer.

I was in the most recent bootcamp and did not receive a phone call on Monday. Status on Workday still says assessment.

Guess this means I'm still in the mix but just wondering if I'm going to get a call for a standby offer as they did mention those people would still have to go through all the necessary pre-screening (medical).

mojoman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mojoman »

RBC37 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:01 am I just got an email from NAV Canada advising I achieved the minimum pass mark (similar to after FEAST) and may be considered for a course offer.

I was in the most recent bootcamp and did not receive a phone call on Monday. Status on Workday still says assessment.

Guess this means I'm still in the mix but just wondering if I'm going to get a call for a standby offer as they did mention those people would still have to go through all the necessary pre-screening (medical).
I received a standby offer for the VFR course over the phone on Monday. To everyone waiting for formal offer letters through Workday, I was told letters should be sent out early next week.

SierraGolf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SierraGolf »

Got the email this morning that I was not selected for training. It is a nice feeling to have a solid decision made on the process, a bit dissapointing to not make the cut. Good luck to those selected for training, you are on your way to an 8 month+ selection camp now! Prepare yourselves and study hard.

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 10135734 »

Hi y'all, I was offered a spot for the YYZ IFR training starting this March. I completed my Category 2 Medical in mid-December and have yet to receive my certificate from Transport Canada. Has anyone received their certificate for this upcoming training session? Cheers.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”