Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Post by McKinley »

Taxivasion wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 pm @ Ghostrider has lost his damn mind. Please remove yourself from the aviation community before they all think we wear a tin foil hat and spew garbage. step 1.) turn off CNN, CBC step 2.) start trying to be a productive member of society again. step 3.) see if you can find a women that can stand you for more than 5 mins.

or STAY the F%^&* HOME! as you would say hahaha get a life.

This thing will be effectively reduced to a cold.

If I read the study correctly, those vaccinated were high risk. I’d imagine the vaccine is even more effective in young and healthy people.

Back to the air !

Also, given the pent up demand in the economy, there’s a chance aviation could go bonkers. ( in a good way)

No more fear!
---------- ADS -----------

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

Essential workers such as truck drivers and emergency service providers, which account for 93 per cent of travellers crossing the border during this time, will be exempt from this requirement. Any other exemptions will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.​
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5306556

Interesting article as the governments plan is put into full swing. Thought it was funny reading that 93% of travelers crossing the boarder are deemed essential and exempt. So this new mandate will apply to the 7% who are not deemed essential. Glad as crew I am still considered essential and do not have to be forced into taking these PCR tests to do my job.

Feb 22nd is around the corner. so long Canadian tourism. Guess the world will travel to Mexico and the Dominican Republic which have already figured out how to treat and prevent Covid.

Also vaccinated people will not be exempt from this new mandate
listen why

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2139189&jwsource=em

So they admit you will still need to quarantine because the vaccine doesn't reduce the spread. So again why would someone get vaccinated?

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

rjguy wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:51 pm
Essential workers such as truck drivers and emergency service providers, which account for 93 per cent of travellers crossing the border during this time, will be exempt from this requirement. Any other exemptions will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.​

Interesting article as the governments plan is put into full swing. Thought it was funny reading that 93% of travelers crossing the boarder are deemed essential and exempt. So this new mandate will apply to the 7% who are not deemed essential. Glad as crew I am still considered essential and do not have to be forced into taking these PCR tests to do my job.

Feb 22nd is around the corner. so long Canadian tourism. Guess the world will travel to Mexico and the Dominican Republic which have already figured out how to treat and prevent Covid.

listen why

So they admit you will still need to quarantine because the vaccine doesn't reduce the spread. So again why would someone get vaccinated?

Pierre Pollivere put it best.. “the world is re-opening and Canada is closing down .. the rest of the world gets paycheques while Canadians get credit card debt.”

Oh, get this.. Canadian carriers can’t fly to sunshine destinations BUT I can book an American Carrier ( American, delta) right now as I write this post out of a Canadian City round trip! WTF! Stay the F&&& home my Ass!

More like make people lose their house, retirement savings, food on the table, savings, sanity.. I could go on.

Sure, let’s be cautious.. but this is a total power grab.

Why a full ground stop of all air travel? ( someone suggested that) Why?

We’re at the end of the tunnel now..

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

rjguy wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:51 pm

listen why

Maybe not for much longer...... :o
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/essent ... -1.5914102

Let’s Go Brandon
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

It used to be once upon a time that pilots only thought they knew how to run airlines better than business people. Now you guys are proving that pilots know how to do everything better than everyone.

Makes me proud.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

A virus so "deadly" that the second oldest person in the world can survive it. Can we dispense with this quarantine nonsense already?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56005488

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:16 am A virus so "deadly" that the second oldest person in the world can survive it. Can we dispense with this quarantine nonsense already?

Be careful - Kluas Schwab / the Bilderbergs won’t be happy about this news going around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTnkzl3K64

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

McKinley wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:08 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:16 am A virus so "deadly" that the second oldest person in the world can survive it. Can we dispense with this quarantine nonsense already?

Be careful - Kluas Schwab / the Bilderbergs won’t be happy about this news going around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTnkzl3K64
Oops, you forgot about the 2.4 million people who have died so far. Easy mistake to make when you're completely blind to it.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

The 2.4 million who have died of something so far... with so many Covid deaths being misrepresented worldwide, and the seasonal flu miraculously disappearing for the first year in recorded history, I'd take those numbers with many grains of salt.

Will fix airplanes for food.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Human Factor wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 am I'd take those numbers with many grains of salt.
Not exactly news.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Hey Rockie, since you like to believe the doctors and "experts" so much, do you trust what this postdoctoral fellow has to say on how "deadly" the new UK variant is?

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus ... far-153921

or how about this here?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00299-2

While they admit that IT IS a possibility that the new variant is more deadly, that doesn't make it true, and a lot more evidence is needed to make this conclusion

But mainstream media has already dubbed it more deadly so now everyone is in mass panic... but hey, the main doctors who feed the news are to be fully trusted right? Let's just discredit every other doctor and researcher...

Hey i'm a pilot, but I just gave you words of a virologist who said that it's not necessarily more deadly just because some preliminary research came out... I hope you trust his words because you clearly don't trust any of us pilots here who like to think outside the box and question things that are fed on mainstream media.. It took some sifting to find those 2 links I posted, I wonder why they're not being talked about on the news?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Trust pilots offering pandemic advice because they think outside the box?

Stand back about five feet and see if you can recognize how utterly out of this world f**king ABSURD that sounds.

Tell you what, next flight do what the plumber in 23A tells you to do because you know, he’s thinking outside the box.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Rockie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 am Trust pilots offering pandemic advice because they think outside the box?

Stand back about five feet and see if you can recognize how utterly out of this world f**king ABSURD that sounds.

Tell you what, next flight do what the plumber in 23A tells you to do because you know, he’s thinking outside the box.
LOL

Do you know how to read?

I didn't say take my advice because I think outside box, I said I think outside the box and don't trust mainstream media, so I was able to find some other, rather credible sources, that states that some things may not be exactly how the top doctors claim it to be

So if you don't trust that piece of info I gave you, well you're completely delusional

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

twa22 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 am I hope you trust his words because you clearly don't trust any of us pilots here who like to think outside the box and question things that are fed on mainstream media..
Yes, as a matter of fact I do know how to read. Maybe you don't know how to write.

Of course you guys are thinking outside the box because you aren't in the box and never will be. You think you're experts because you read shit on the internet. Comical if it weren't for the fact I'm a pilot too and you embarrass me.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

Rockie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:19 am
Human Factor wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 am I'd take those numbers with many grains of salt.
Not exactly news.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pxhSnDr4U

Alright Rockie, let’s apply the principle of dialectics / dialectal behavioral therapy to this mess. Could it be true that there’s a virus AND governments might be taking advantage of the crisis to further an agenda? Or, alternatively, poorly handling it?

Let’s apply dialectical thinking to the pandemic.. Both lives and livelihoods need protecting. Do you think this is true ?

From my perspective, the proliferation of lockdown culture and stay the F&&@ at home is split thinking. It’s black and white. “ Lock it down and isolate and stay at home” uh .. ok? Ummm ? Pretty easy, for that pensioner to stay! Thinking becomes much much easier when it’s black and white, options become limited too .. well, Just lock it down and isolate.. uh huh? See how things become more of a challenge when we go black and white? Look what happens when we step outside the black and white narrative? When Things go grey and become more challenging! It’s not as easy!

I’ve taken numerous survival courses... even at -40 I need to go outside.. I need to get food, water, repair shelter, maintain a signal fire, camp..even in the shittiest conditions perpetual “ lockdown” is not an option.if I lockdown for too long I’ll perish. I need to adapt..I might not need to not go out in the worst blizzard of the year. sure but eventually supplies run out. This is basic survival. In modern society, we need to pay our bills, go to work, get food, pay our mortgage. Canadians have complied ... we’re a year into this with no end in sight... let’s figure this out before our supplies run out.

I have every single right to question when me and my family’s viability is in question .

I have elderly family members who have significant risk factors .. we make things work. They don’t agree with how this has been done.

Why does this crisis seemingly have no exit plan? Why is there no “ restart” plan before the public? Why is there constant doom and gloom? In a survival situation attitude makes a difference and outlook? What’s our outlook?

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Human Factor wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 am The 2.4 million who have died of something so far... with so many Covid deaths being misrepresented worldwide, and the seasonal flu miraculously disappearing for the first year in recorded history, I'd take those numbers with many grains of salt.
Just to clarify something on the seasonal flu disappearing. It didn’t miraculously disappear, and unlike what seems to make it into the news sources it isn’t because of masks or social distancing. It is known that a new respiratory illnesses or strain will displace others that have dominated for many years. They don’t understand why yet (as far as I’m aware) but it has been seen for decades. Some have even given it a name “the vanishing trick”. I wish I could find the data again, but it showed a sharp drop in flu related Hospitalizations in 2003 when SARS was taking hold. It is why flu vaccinations target the dominant strain for the year, because it displaces the others.

But don’t take my word for it. Here is a quote from a book “The Transmission of Epidemic Influenza” written in 1992. It has been happening for decades regardless of masks, distancing and lockdowns.

“THE VANISHING TRICK

Information and specimens reaching Hampstead from many parts of the world drew attention to the most puzzling and apparently illogical of the many conundrums posed by the human influenza viruses. The strains discovered in 1932-33, soon to be called type A influenza virus, remained homogeneous for more than a decade. Then in the winter of 1946-47 they were replaced by a different but related virus that was named "A prime" (written A') in order to distin

guish it from the earlier A strains (See Table 5.1 in Chapter 5, p. 48). Vaccination by a vaccine containing the original A virus conferred little protection against the novel strains. Andrewes was deeply puzzled: " ... strange as it may seem these A primes seem to have completely replaced the classical As allover the world. How this comes about and why the classical As should have vanished is a mystery."13 A mystery indeed! The phenomenon, christened the vanishing trick, has characterized most subsequent major and minor antigenic changes of influenza A virus. Strains that have been causing all the type A influenza in the world for perhaps a dozen years will vanish and next season be replaced everywhere by a novel strain. In the case of minor antigenic changes the predecessor may have been prevalent for only one or two seasons over a large part of the earth's surface before it disappears and is replaced by a new minor variant.”

Too bad nobody seems to talk about it.

The book is too large to attach but can be downloaded online. By Edgar Hope-Simpson

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

McKinley wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:07 am Could it be true that there’s a virus AND governments might be taking advantage of the crisis to further an agenda?
Batshit conspiracy theorizing.
McKinley wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:07 am Or, alternatively, poorly handling it?
Absolutely.
McKinley wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:07 am From my perspective,
Your perspective is unqualified and doesn't know what it's looking at, therefore as invalid as it can get. You're as much qualified as I am.
McKinley wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:07 am I’ve taken numerous survival courses... even at -40 I need to go outside.. I need to get food, water, repair shelter, maintain a signal fire, camp..even in the shittiest conditions perpetual “ lockdown” is not an option.if I lockdown for too long I’ll perish. I need to adapt..I might not need to not go out in the worst blizzard of the year. sure but eventually supplies run out. This is basic survival. In modern society, we need to pay our bills, go to work, get food, pay our mortgage. Canadians have complied ... we’re a year into this with no end in sight... let’s figure this out before our supplies run out.
What the F are you talking about here? Running out of supplies? Has that happened? Are people starving in their homes because the government shoots you if you go out? Jesus Christ man, this is why it's foolish to attempt reasonable discussion with you nut cases. Survival courses...HAHAHA.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Rockie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:00 am
twa22 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 am I hope you trust his words because you clearly don't trust any of us pilots here who like to think outside the box and question things that are fed on mainstream media..
Yes, as a matter of fact I do know how to read. Maybe you don't know how to write.

Of course you guys are thinking outside the box because you aren't in the box and never will be. You think you're experts because you read shit on the internet. Comical if it weren't for the fact I'm a pilot too and you embarrass me.

I said "You don't trust any of us pilots who like to think outside the box and question things that are fed on mainstream media"

Don't just pick one part of the quote you like to pick on and omit everything else, but I agree, my formulation could have been a bit better I admit

So let me rephrase and hopefully my English is better this time around

I think outside the box because I don't trust what the mainstream media says... But because I'm not an expert, I took the appropriate course and researched a little online. I actually found some credible info, from a virologist, who suggests we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly and say this new variant is deadlier

He is a virologist, hence he falls under the term of which you catagorise as an expert

I get that you don't want to listen to us pilots who aren't experts on this subject, completely reasonable and understandable

But some of us are providing sources that is contradictory from the popular mainstream media, which you don't seem to like.

What I gave you is fairly credible source, so I am simply asking you to believe what some of us are positing, because it's not all gibberish.

If you don't want to believe the source I gave you because I'm a pilot, because I have no place in researching things about this pandemic that goes against mainstream media, even if it's highly credible and plausible, and it's coming from experts in the field of virology, then dude, you're way beyond delusional

And for what it's worth, let's say that plumber from 23A brings up something that concerns him, he sees something on the wing, perhaps icing for the sake of argument... He may not be an expert and may not know what he's talking about, but he questions it, and possibly brings his concern to the FA, who may possibly bring up the concern to the flight crew... Maybe he is right, or he's completely wrong? Who knows? But should we automatically discredit him because he's a plumber?

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Doesn't look like the "rest of the world" is opening up to me:

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-pl/ ... tions.aspx

Just one example. Nobody is going to let you fly off somewhere just because you want to. Nobody is going to care if you get sick. They will care if you spread it to them. Some of you guys sound like you haven't made it past grade 3; honestly.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

“ if you think you’re not at risk here! You’re living in a dome! Lock it down and isolate and STAY THE @#$! AT HOME!!!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0-2XxgHIXk

Waaaa my job.. how will I survive ... waaa! A career/ job isn’t not necessary. ( I don’t know which idiot in this thread said that it was)

Morons! Lockdown = safety ..

The idea that we need to reopen is nuts ... especially with the variants.

With this being said, why are American carriers flying into Canada ? The PCR rule is far too relaxed .. people with money will travel.

The government has done a good job.. they’re in a crisis... mistakes will be made. Keep up the good work Honorable Prime Minister.

Return to “Covid”