Immunization committee to recommend provinces suspend AstraZeneca use among those under 55: sources

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Immunization committee to recommend provinces suspend AstraZeneca use among those under 55: sources

Post by montado »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/astraz ... -1.5968128

:lol: Laugh is all you can do... after a week of health Canada taking its own direction going against Europe now they have decided to take a pause on AstraZeneca. It’s probably not a big deal but from a PR perspective the antivax crowd just gained thousands of more followers. This has been an absolute disaster. It was a disaster before this latest news today... they literally just has Christine Elliott take this vaccine to prove it was safe. :lol:

Some here have asked if we should allow “antivax” posts here... I ask, should we let health Canada run our country? Edit: health Canada still recommends the vaccine is safe and it’s the NACI recommendation for the pause. So we have two sets of experts fighting it out. Oh my.
3952FA5F-3B04-47EB-A409-726F5EC98971.jpeg
3952FA5F-3B04-47EB-A409-726F5EC98971.jpeg (843.77 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
Screenshot_20210329-143900.png
Screenshot_20210329-143900.png (726.26 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Immunization committee to recommend provinces suspend AstraZeneca use among those under 55: sources

Post by Inverted2 »

So Europe won’t give the AZ to peoplekind over 65 and here they won’t give it to those under 55? No wonder there’s so much vaccine hesitation. Clown world is here.

Let’s Go Brandon
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Immunization committee to recommend provinces suspend AstraZeneca use among those under 55: sources

Post by ReserveTank »

montado wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:44 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/astraz ... -1.5968128

:lol: Laugh is all you can do... after a week of health Canada taking its own direction going against Europe now they have decided to take a pause on AstraZeneca. It’s probably not a big deal but from a PR perspective the antivax crowd just gained thousands of more followers. This has been an absolute disaster. It was a disaster before this latest news today... they literally just has Christine Elliott take this vaccine to prove it was safe. :lol:

Some here have asked if we should allow “antivax” posts here... I ask, should we let health Canada run our country? Edit: health Canada still recommends the vaccine is safe and it’s the NACI recommendation for the pause. So we have two sets of experts fighting it out. Oh my.

3952FA5F-3B04-47EB-A409-726F5EC98971.jpeg
Screenshot_20210329-143900.png
"...dispel hesitancy..."
Conformity, one of the deadly...oh wait! eXpErTz!

The fact that they have to constantly make a TV production of receiving this injection (I will not refer to it as a vaccination, as it isn't one) should be enough to send up red flags. It's not even the antivax crowd (a minority) that they feel they need to appeal to--it's the people that learned from 2009, when they tried to unload their sure fire investment, Tamiflu, onto the entire planet. Gates and Fauci spent the better part of the 2010s lamenting that people had too much choice. So, here we are...

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

Perhaps there’s another forum that is better suited for your anti-vax or vaccine-hesitant rants. Stop subjecting us to this dribble over and over and over.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Hot Wings wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:58 pm vaccine-hesitant
Look at this bending of language. We are truly in the age of newspeak.

Quick, someone tell me the DEFINITE benefits of taking the COVID injections...

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:13 am

Umm... because you won't end up in hospital or die of a nasty respiratory disease? Seems like a winner to me.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

Fine. I’ll address this less diplomatically: no one (or very few) give a flying f#ck how you feel about this or what you viewpoints are, especially after the amount of ranting you’ve done on an aviation forum about it. Your family/friends must be sick of your constant moaning - or are you insufferable only on avcanada?

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Hot Wings wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:58 pm Perhaps there’s another forum that is better suited for your anti-vax or vaccine-hesitant rants. Stop subjecting us to this dribble over and over and over.
This is not anti-vax when it is actual news and a decision from our government because there is (or suspected to be) a problem with one of them

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Lets see. The deadly Covid affects about 2% of the population. Mortality rate is less than the Spanish flu, and only a little worse than normal influenza.

The majority have to be tested to know if they have, or had it.
More tests equals more positive results...not many more people who are sick from it.

How will the effectiveness of any vaccine actually be measured? Seriously. Lets hear the science based, data driven conclusions from the AvCanada experts. To paraphrase PM silly socks.,.Its obviously something that Canadians want and expect from their experts.

The vaccine protocols of injection intervals are not being followed in Canada, against the recommendations of the manufacturers. It is a clinical trial on a whole population.
And Astra. Well the data driven,evidence based experts who a few weeks ago were high fiving, are now limiting or eliminating its use. But poli-expert Tam says the risks are worth it. For who exactly, she never states.

This whole thing is a pandemic of convenience. The default of govt debt will be rationalized as due to having Canadians backs. Not decades of fiscal mismanagement and runaway spending. Only to-get worse at election time.

This whole thing could have been ended , if our federal govt had done as some smarter nations did, and just closed off the border a year or so ago..

My rant for the day.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Lets see. The deadly Covid affects about 2% of the population. Mortality rate is less than the Spanish flu, and only a little worse than normal influenza.

The majority have to be tested to know if they have, or had it.
More tests equals more positive results...not many more people who are sick from it.

How will the effectiveness of any vaccine actually be measured? Seriously. Lets hear the science based, data driven conclusions from the AvCanada experts. To paraphrase PM silly socks.,.Its obviously something that Canadians want and expect from their experts.

The vaccine protocols of injection intervals are not being followed in Canada, against the recommendations of the manufacturers. It is a clinical trial on a whole population.
And Astra. Well the data driven,evidence based experts who a few weeks ago were high fiving, are now limiting or eliminating its use. But poli-expert Tam says the risks are worth it. For who exactly, she never states.

This whole thing is a pandemic of convenience. The default of govt debt will be rationalized as due to having Canadians backs. Not decades of fiscal mismanagement and runaway spending. Only to-get worse at election time. It will be used as the reason to do everything from disarming a population before they wake up, to indentured slavery so a few can impose their will on Canada. And taxes, taxes, taxes. The sheep are so caught up in those wonderful cheques arriving, they never think or care about how it is borrowed and must be paid back...They have it on the highest authority the budget will balance itself.

This whole thing could have been ended , if our federal govt had done as some smarter nations did, and just closed off the border a year or so ago..

My rant for the day.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
marlin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marlin »

Here’s the NACI recommendation, for anyone interested.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... dults.html

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Just to mention that there are now 400 + patients in ICU in Ontario . The beginnings of a third wave with new infections at 54 percent of peak and increasing at one percent per day .In plain numbers 4300 new infections who may in two weeks be in hospital if there is still space in the halls . Without the safety measures in place those numbers would not be lower .How much higher they would be is speculation best left to those with access to supercomputers and epidemiology algorithms.

Be patient , to avoid becoming a patient.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:17 am

Umm... because you won't end up in hospital or die of a nasty respiratory disease? Seems like a winner to me.
In which trial was that proven?

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Hot Wings wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:28 am

Fine. I’ll address this less diplomatically: no one (or very few) give a flying f#ck how you feel about this or what you viewpoints are, especially after the amount of ranting you’ve done on an aviation forum about it. Your family/friends must be sick of your constant moaning - or are you insufferable only on avcanada?
I wouldn't call it ranting, I'd call it reason and mathematics. No reason to be discourteous. Don't like what I write, exercise one of the few freedoms that you enjoy...close your eyes and move on.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 pm
All of them.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:33 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 pm
All of them.
Oh, so the trials are completed?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:52 pm Oh, so the trials are completed?
Yes, long ago.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

Not sure where you're getting your news from, but it doesn't appear to be reliable.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:53 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:52 pm Oh, so the trials are completed?
Yes, long ago.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

Not sure where you're getting your news from, but it doesn't appear to be reliable.
Assessment of long-term safety and efficacy for this vaccine will occur, but it cannot be in the context of maintaining a placebo group for the planned follow-up period of 2 years after the second dose. These data do not address whether vaccination prevents asymptomatic infection; a serologic end point that can detect a history of infection regardless of whether symptoms were present (SARS-CoV-2 N-binding antibody) will be reported later. Furthermore, given the high vaccine efficacy and the low number of vaccine breakthrough cases, potential establishment of a correlate of protection has not been feasible at the time of this report.

This report does not address the prevention of Covid-19 in other populations, such as younger adolescents, children, and pregnant women. Safety and immune response data from this trial after immunization of adolescents 12 to 15 years of age will be reported subsequently, and additional studies are planned to evaluate BNT162b2 in pregnant women, children younger than 12 years, and those in special risk groups, such as immunocompromised persons.
THIS is what people are concerned about. This study says "We don't know, we'll figure it out later." Nothing is said nor known of long-term effects.
Did you interpret this article as definitive because of SHORT TERM effects? All shots hurt for a day. Duh. What about 5-10 years. They aren't even pretending to follow it up that long.

p.s. I provided you no news--I was asking questions.

Return to “Covid”