Canada on track to surpass U.S. in number of COVID cases relative to population

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Canada on track to surpass U.S. in number of COVID cases relative to population

Post by montado »

Heliian wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 am No, no it's not. Not even close.

Canada, 1.05 million cases, population approx 36million. 2.8%

USA, 31 million cases, population approx 331 million. 9.4%

To reach todays levels of covid in the usa, we would need to rack up another 2.3 million cases while the usa would have to record zero cases for that time frame.

Just get the facts people, ignore the bullshitters.
The article is talking about the daily count. So we are now for this first time ever on a daily basis doing worse than Americans. So far this pandemic America had always been worse.

This is what happens when politicians use fake measures and not science. All those people wearing snotty masks being told this is the way to health have been duped, it was never about health and always about politics. Amazing to see Texas coasting as normal while Canadians keep shouting about wearing masks and lockdowns and we are now hitting the highest daily case counts in Ontario ever.

Honestly who is still left to believe in these policies? How do people continue to trust our government? Mask harder everyone... stay home harder.
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Canada on track to surpass U.S. in number of COVID cases relative to population

Post by CpnCrunch »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:19 am Amazing to see Texas coasting as normal while Canadians keep shouting about wearing masks and lockdowns and we are now hitting the highest daily case counts in Ontario ever.

Honestly who is still left to believe in these policies? How do people continue to trust our government? Mask harder everyone... stay home harder.
Texas had a mandatory mask mandate until a few weeks ago, and most businesses still require snotty masks. Really, it's not a big deal wearing a mask, but some people get really upset about it and cause major problems for service industry staff. I hope you're not one of those people.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

CpnCrunch wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:32 am
montado wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:19 am Amazing to see Texas coasting as normal while Canadians keep shouting about wearing masks and lockdowns and we are now hitting the highest daily case counts in Ontario ever.

Texas had a mandatory mask mandate until a few weeks ago, and most businesses still require snotty masks. Really, it's not a big deal wearing a mask, but some people get really upset about it and cause major problems for service industry staff. I hope you're not one of those people.

How effective is mask policy, and what evidence would you use to support mandatory mask policy? Pretty sure dr. Tam laid out decades of mask research and why telling everyone to assume they are sick was a bad idea. You say wearing a mask is not a big deal? Are you kidding? Just search the internet for how big a deal it is. Hysterical people having planes diverted etc for the stupidity of mask policy. This is exactly what happens with you tell people they are grandma killers for not wearing masks. The pro maskers deliver their rage on people.

It’s not a big deal wearing a mask. It is a big deal to mandate masks s not logical, and is doing little to stop the spread. I’m happy for everyone to who wants to wear a mask to do so. Also happy for business to make them mandatory. Heck it was only a few years ago you were not allowed to wear hoods and masks in some businesses.

I think the stupidity has gone on long enough. Lift blanket idiotic policies and let people decide for themselves. It’s pathetic to see Ontario, one of the most restrictive places in the world with many policies like hotel quarantine and masks, hitting all time highs with covid cases. Obviously there’s more to this pandemic than the so called experts what us to believe.

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 am
CpnCrunch wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:32 am

How effective is mask policy, and what evidence would you use to support mandatory mask policy? Pretty sure dr. Tam laid out decades of mask research and why telling everyone to assume they are sick was a bad idea. You say wearing a mask is not a big deal? Are you kidding? Just search the internet for how big a deal it is. Hysterical people having planes diverted etc for the stupidity of mask policy. This is exactly what happens with you tell people they are grandma killers for not wearing masks. The pro maskers deliver their rage on people.

It’s not a big deal wearing a mask. It is a big deal to mandate masks s not logical, and is doing little to stop the spread. I’m happy for everyone to who wants to wear a mask to do so. Also happy for business to make them mandatory. Heck it was only a few years ago you were not allowed to wear hoods and masks in some businesses.

I think the stupidity has gone on long enough. Lift blanket idiotic policies and let people decide for themselves. It’s pathetic to see Ontario, one of the most restrictive places in the world with many policies like hotel quarantine and masks, hitting all time highs with covid cases. Obviously there’s more to this pandemic than the so called experts what us to believe.
Since you're sure masks don't work, next time you have surgery, you should give the surgeon the option to not wear a mask. Since it doesn't work anyway, it's their choice, right?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I can show you a study about surgical masks that was completed pre covid, and basically lays out that surgical masks don’t conclusively give any difference in results whether used or not.

The image you have of a surgeon is a man in a mask. Sometimes things are a certain way because of our perception and not because of science. Kind of like how your beef has colour added to make it appear fresh. Sometimes things are illusions, based in perception and not reality.

But entertaining your comment, do you not think there is a huge difference between being a medical situation in a surgery room, vs telling everyone who is asymptomatic to assume they are sick to stop the spread? It’s not that “masks don’t work” it’s that when used correctly masks can be a great tool.

Part of using masks correctly, starts with not assuming everyone has covid, this just leads to casual mask use where people don’t use the mask properly. People hang their masks on their rear view mirrors, they use for to long of duration before disposal or washing etc. Dr tam said in specific situations a masks makes sense. For example if you had covid symptoms and were going for a test it would make sense to wear a mask to that test. I think people are getting covid because they are wearing dirty masks and touching their faces, just like dr tam said would happen.

Anyways I don’t know why I have to try to convince people who believe in idiotic policies. As far as I’m concerned the debate is over. Mask policy has not been effective in Ontario, as a year in we still have knee jerk policy changes sometimes with less than 24 hours notice. Places like Texas just further show how little masks have to do with covid cases. Experts warned us that Texas was going to be devastated as mask policy came to an end. Do you really believe we will be on the right side of history... Canadians wore masks and saved lives? Yeah, right,.. masks will be right next to the covid alert app as useless policy that was made up based on fear and not science.

Mandatory Masks were never part of Canada’s pandemic plan, because all the science around masks pointed to it not being an effective way to stop the spread. Slowing the movement of people was part of the original plan, but then they told people wear a mask and go to work... notice all the movement of people and the related covid cases spreading?

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

They are averaging 75 deaths per day in Texas right now. 3000 cases daily and on the upswing. Their mask policy only ended a couple weeks ago. Pretty difficult to draw any conclusions right now. Check back in another 30 days to see where things stand.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

flyguy73 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 am They are averaging 75 deaths per day in Texas right now. 3000 cases daily and on the upswing. Their mask policy only ended a couple weeks ago. Pretty difficult to draw any conclusions right now. Check back in another 30 days to see where things stand.
Don’t act like such a child. Covid has been around for over a year and we have billions of data points experts could analyze to determine what has been effective and what has not. To say we need to watch Texas for another month to be sure is completely dumb. First off, even if cases went to zero in Texas, this would not definitively mean masks were not effective. Secondly, like I said we have more data on covid available than required to draw many conclusions on what policies are effective. So much data...

In fact politicians won’t look outside of their jurisdiction... they pretend we are all in our little bubble and what works for Texas won’t work for us. They pretend the virus has borders and we all need different policies. The reality is washing hands is pretty damn universal and all these hoops are not science, they are politics.

But since you insist, let’s look at Texas in 30 days again... you can hope for cases to explode to say you told me so... can you explain right now why Ontario has higher cases than ever? Ontario seems to be the biggest bunch of idiots who can’t figure anything out. They seem to be the only province who went into a emergency brake shutdown followed a few days later by a stay at home order (lockdown harder? What does it mean DOFO??? I’m already staying home as hard as I can!). I mean after a year they still don’t have anything figured out... maybe next week school with shutdown again. They act like they have no idea what works. Do you have the pleasure of living in this province? Honestly it’s an embarrassment.
0E8784C1-1439-43C8-A123-8A2519995C1D.jpeg
0E8784C1-1439-43C8-A123-8A2519995C1D.jpeg (365.07 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
5A929F7C-1B2B-41F7-94C8-505ABE09BFD4.jpeg
5A929F7C-1B2B-41F7-94C8-505ABE09BFD4.jpeg (136.75 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:38 am
flyguy73 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 am They are averaging 75 deaths per day in Texas right now. 3000 cases daily and on the upswing. Their mask policy only ended a couple weeks ago. Pretty difficult to draw any conclusions right now. Check back in another 30 days to see where things stand.
Don’t act like such a child. Covid has been around for over a year and we have billions of data points experts could analyze to determine what has been effective and what has not. To say we need to watch Texas for another month to be sure is completely dumb. First off, even if cases went to zero in Texas, this would not definitively mean masks were not effective. Secondly, like I said we have more data on covid available than required to draw many conclusions on what policies are effective. So much data...

In fact politicians won’t look outside of their jurisdiction... they pretend we are all in our little bubble and what works for Texas won’t work for us. They pretend the virus has borders and we all need different policies. The reality is washing hands is pretty damn universal and all these hoops are not science, they are politics.

But since you insist, let’s look at Texas in 30 days again... you can hope for cases to explode to say you told me so... can you explain right now why Ontario has higher cases than ever? Ontario seems to be the biggest bunch of idiots who can’t figure anything out. They seem to be the only province who went into a emergency brake shutdown followed a few days later by a stay at home order (lockdown harder? What does it mean DOFO??? I’m already staying home as hard as I can!). I mean after a year they still don’t have anything figured out... maybe next week school with shutdown again. They act like they have no idea what works. Do you have the pleasure of living in this province? Honestly it’s an embarrassment.
0E8784C1-1439-43C8-A123-8A2519995C1D.jpeg5A929F7C-1B2B-41F7-94C8-505ABE09BFD4.jpeg
Once again, I don't see your point. Of course hand-washing works. So does staying home and physical distancing. In all likelihood, so does mask wearing. This is why the scientists almost universally recommend this.

I don't dispute that the Ontario government has no clue. Their inconsistent messaging and nonsensical color code system makes no sense. It's not based on science. It was based on science last March when COVID first hit, but quickly got thrown out the window when Doug Ford noticed his base of conspiracy theorists didn't accept it.

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

Please help me understand this debate. So wearing masks is stopping the spread yet we have increased numbers. Ok i get it it’s those nasty people who don’t believe in masks who are the spreaders or wait, no it’s the people who traveled. These untermench will he dealt with I am sure. Probably with the full power of a, dare i say it STASI state? We’ll all be paid informers on our non mask wearing traveling neighbors. And we’ll all get social credit points to buy FABULOUS PRIZES! Like government services and vaccination line jumps! Breaking up parties of young people and blocking off churches are keeping my parents safe? Does anyone here actually believe the bullshit that has been spread over the last year?

Ok. That’s fine. Continue to wear a mask so numbers spread. We’re all “doing our part” yes, to prop up a abysmally underfunded health care system that can’t even cope with our laughably low icu covid numbers. Imagine if this was a real national emergency we’d all die in the streets. And why is an elective surgery or a cancer treatment postponed to cover for empty hospitals that have yet to see these “exploding cases!”? I think the average citizen has had enough of the lies and hype spread in hyperbolic assumptions of the lying press.

Now i just heard that even if you are vaccinated you can still spread this disease. Is that the same for all vaccinations? Or just this special one we all seem to not be getting or even need? 90% effective against a disease that 98% recover from. I guess we’re all about to kill thousands from small pox or the measles that we have been vaccinated from. I never knew i was so deadly. I am not in line for a vaccine that i believe is nothing but theater.

Panicdemic or scamdemic? Or plannedemic? Which one is this?

I hope the next generation rounds ups all up and gives us the “cure” we deserve for screwing their futures. We all deserve it.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Number of COVID-19 deaths in the USA this week: 6948

Equivalent COVID-19 deaths in Canada adjusted for population: 799

Actual COVID-19 deaths in Canada this week: 241

Anyone who thinks the USA is doing better than Canada is completely delusional.

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

I wonder if the # of deaths would be close to zero if governments, doctors and hospitals would follow the science and just treat instead of focus on vaccinations?

Ivermectin
https://c19ivermectin.com/

Vitamin D
https://c19vitamind.com/

Proxalutamide
https://c19proxalutamide.com/

Fluvoxamine
https://c19fluvoxamine.com/

https://c19pvpi.com/

https://c19hcq.com/

https://c19bromhexine.com/

https://c19regn.com/

https://c19ly.com/

Colchicine
https://c19colchicine.com/

https://c19budesonide.com/

Zinc
https://c19zinc.com/

https://c19vitaminc.com/

This link below is very interesting if you are looking for data that connects to a "Real-time database and meta analysis of 562 COVID-19 studies"
https://c19early.com/

All studies combined (pooled effects, early, late, prophylaxis)
Medication Improvement
Proxalutamide 92% [87‑95%]
Fluvoxamine 89% [15‑99%]
Povidone-Iodine85% [52‑95%]
Ivermectin 73% [64‑79%]
Casiri/imdevimab68% [37‑84%]
Vitamin D 58% [44‑68%]
Bamlanivimab 57% [19‑77%]
Budesonide 54% [-96‑89%]
Colchicine 51% [24‑68%]
Bromhexine 44% [22‑60%]
Zinc 37% [26‑47%]
Favipiravir 30% [8‑46%]
Hydroxychloroquine 28% [23‑32%]
Remdesivir 24% [8‑38%]
Vitamin C 16% [-2‑31%]

No one needs to die or be hospitalized with Covid. Treatment exists. Ask your doctor if you or someone in your family get Covid symptoms how are they going to treat you.

Does your local hospital or Dr. still push Remdesivir? Most do which doesn't seem to follow the science.
https://c19rmd.com/

Prevention and Treatment Protocols for COVID-19 (primary drug Ivermectin)
https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/

Curious what other treatment option studies have you come across that are different than the one's above.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/fauci-not ... xing-masks

Fauci can’t explain why Texas has no mandatory mask policy, and thousands are attending sporting events yet they are no worse off than any other state. He is secretly hoping for an uptick in cases so he can say “I told you so”.

Gosh for someone who said masks are effective policy and we should mandate them he has really become unscientific about what’s going on.

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

Texas is doing so well due to Ivermectin and wide acceptance of the I-MASK+ AND MATH+ protocols https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/. I agree masks do very little but provide some with peace of mind and a sense of false security.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... es/canada/

Numbers are at 97 peak and rising in Canada . The global numbers are truly frightening.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... -and-maps/

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

2R wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:01 am https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... es/canada/

Numbers are at 97 peak and rising in Canada . The global numbers are truly frightening.

Frightening? What is this polio? Should I be afraid, because my biggest fear right now is having pro maskers yell at me for not wanting to wear a mask outside.

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

2R wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:01 am https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... es/canada/

Covid infection numbers really mean absolutely nothing when the tool used to come up with these numbers (the PCR test) is not reliable and flawed.
When Canada forces testing companies to only use the PCR test with a set number of cycles and then only follows the WHO's with only counting a positive if it is also attached to symptoms then maybe these numbers could be a little useful. They should be using blood tests to determine Covid and not a PCR test.

Curious anyone get a PCR test recently and have the cycle count placed on the test results? If not your test is useless.

Only numbers that mean anything are hospitalizations and deaths which are not near peak or rising.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

Casedemic:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/que ... ly-trivial

Very good article for folks looking for information, or justification:

https://www.deconstructingconventional. ... 6PhziAzT8E

Will fix airplanes for food.
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:05 pm Who wants to get anything from China to go in their body. Trudeau did.
Is this a surprise. Meanwhile, Trudeau said today that he has no regrets about the vaccine rollout in Canada as more people die in age groups that were vaccinated long ago in countries that handled vaccine procurement much more competently.

"Research released Sunday showed the rate for Sinovac Biotech Ltd.’s vaccine -- deployed in Indonesia and Brazil -- was just above 50%, barely meeting the minimum protection required for Covid vaccines by leading global drug regulators. Other Chinese shots have reported efficacy rates from 66% to 79%."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medica ... d=msedgntp

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

Human Factor wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:58 pm Casedemic:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/que ... ly-trivial

Very good article for folks looking for information, or justification:

https://www.deconstructingconventional. ... 6PhziAzT8E
Thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading both articles above.

Just had an annual physical and asked my Dr. if he knew the cycle count for the lab results from a PCR test in my local area. He said the labs do not provide this information in our local area. Should be a set standard nationwide on these tests when it comes to cycle counts.

The 18 reason's not to get a covid vaccine was an interesting and included some info I have not come across before.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

And it's finally here...the antivaxxers coming out of the closet with their conspiracy theories.

Return to “Covid”