New severe Ontario Restrictions

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: New severe Ontario Restrictions

Post by rookiepilot »

What's amusing to me is you all don't even know where to direct your protests.

The Bank of Canada -- following the US Fed -- has stolen so much more from all of us than any public health authority.

Someday peeps will figure it out, that these agencies work solely for rich asset holders, and screw over everyone else.

Yes, I digress....
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

rooster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:29 pm Shouldn't cases and hospitalizations be dropping now with the vaccine rollout? We are at 21% nationally (2% both doses) yet cases seem to be rising and that on top of lockdowns and restrictions. I'd have imagined the curve would be going the other way? :rolleyes:
I’m sure so many factors are involved. I watched Israel closely and it took a significant amount of vaccines to really take effect.

I think summer weather alone with or without vaccines should have an impact on cases. To many variables to look at... Texas is probably doing well because of natural immunity along with vaccines moving along.

Israel was at 65 percent of people had at least one dose, and their daily cases were dropping slower than USA and Canada at that time. So I’m not counting on vaccines to help us here until 70 percent have at least one shot.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

rooster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:29 pm Shouldn't cases and hospitalizations be dropping now with the vaccine rollout? We are at 21% nationally (2% both doses) yet cases seem to be rising and that on top of lockdowns and restrictions. I'd have imagined the curve would be going the other way? :rolleyes:
The problem is that by the time vaccines are given in large enough numbers they won’t be effective against the virus because the virus is constantly mutating. A lot of people are getting sick in the US that have had 2 vaccine doses. Just like the normal flu which somehow disappeared, it’s an endless cat and mouse game. I don’t think you would hear on the news that the vaccines don’t really work. It would cause mega panic.

Let’s Go Brandon
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:51 pm
The problem is that by the time vaccines are given in large enough numbers they won’t be effective against the virus because the virus is constantly mutating. A lot of people are getting sick in the US that have had 2 vaccine doses. Just like the normal flu which somehow disappeared, it’s an endless cat and mouse game. I don’t think you would hear on the news that the vaccines don’t really work. It would cause mega panic.
Israel is down to 200 cases per day, in a population of 9 million, having led the world in vaccination rates.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56722186
Most restrictions there have been lifted. I guess we'll see if stays that way, but frankly, from this seat, I'll have some of what they have. Won't you?

Once you get the infection rate down very low, new variants will stop appearing, because the replication rate will be very small. This is not like the common cold.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

A lot of people?

5800 out of 77 million fully vaccinated. 400 needed to be hospitalized.

A rather tiny amount of people.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5388245

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:10 pm
A lot of people?

5800 out of 77 million fully vaccinated. 400 needed to be hospitalized.

A rather tiny amount of people.
Oh, you. And your silly numbers...

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

photofly wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:05 pm This is not like the common cold.
...hate to break it to you, but it is precisely the common cold.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/col ... old_causes

It’s just a mutation of it. The reason we were never able to vaccinate against the common cold is that it mutates so fast; which is what we are seeing with all the new variants. This will end when it mutates into something less potent.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:49 am

It’s just a mutation of it. The reason we were never able to vaccinate against the common cold is that it mutates so fast; which is what we are seeing with all the new variants. This will end when it mutates into something less potent.
Exactly.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:49 am

The reason we were never able to vaccinate against the common cold is that it mutates so fast; which is what we are seeing with all the new variants.
Uhh, no... the “common cold” is actually hundreds of viruses that produce similar symptoms upon infection. So if you wanted to produce hundreds of different vaccines, sure. What it is not is a virus that changes so quickly you cannot catch it.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Well, the usual selection of AvCanada Epidemiologists speakith again. These 4.5 GPA graduates from the University of Facebook Medical School are instructing us again on how things are/should be going down. :rolleyes:

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Old fella wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 am Well, the usual selection of AvCanada Epidemiologists speakith again. These 4.5 GPA graduates from the University of Facebook Medical School are instructing us again on how things are/should be going down. :rolleyes:
+1

“”Bob””
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by “”Bob”” »

RNA viruses are prone to mutation due to the lack of error correction mechanisms that DNA has.

Ebola is one of the most deadly viruses in terms of case fatality rates, yet it hasn’t wiped out the human race in part because of how fast it mutates into something that is no longer harmful, because it is an RNA virus (ribovira) like the SARS-CoV-2 virus is.

All of what I wrote was false because I’m not an epidemiologist.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Ebola kills its host very rapidly and that’s why it has limited spread.

Let’s Go Brandon
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:30 pm What's amusing to me is you all don't even know where to direct your protests.

The Bank of Canada -- following the US Fed -- has stolen so much more from all of us than any public health authority.

Someday peeps will figure it out, that these agencies work solely for rich asset holders, and screw over everyone else.

Yes, I digress....
Interesting statement. More detail would be welcomed.

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

No need for the government to do anything more than actually follow the science. The real science https://c19early.com/ (584 Covid studies) .

This would all be over if Ivermectin was widely given to any and all who have any symptoms or around any one who has Covid related symptoms. If the government really wanted this to be over and for us all to go back to normally this would have been done a year ago. The real science and studies in the link above show treatment is the key not wide spread vaccinations with experimental mRNA technology.

This is all about vaccinating everyone when a vaccination is not even needed. When you lose the ability to freely move about you no longer are in a free society. The vaccine's don't even work. I have three friends who have been fully vaccinated who have come done with Covid after vaccination.

Seriously considering moving out of Canada. Canada needs new leadership.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

I’m definitely dumber from reading this thread.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

I see rjguy has only ever posted stuff in the covid forums.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Dh8Classic wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 am
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:30 pm What's amusing to me is you all don't even know where to direct your protests.

Yes, I digress....
You really don't want that. You want to take the blue pill.

Cause if you take the red pill on the Big Stuff going on, you'll be so scared you won't crap for a week.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Yes, I digress....

Cause if you take the red pill on the Big Stuff going on, you'll be so scared you won't crap for a week.
spell it out for us then

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

newlygrounded wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:06 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 pm

spell it out for us then
I don't know who you're used to talking to, but I don't take orders. From anyone.

No wonder you've quit on aviation. You can't even communicate with respect to others.

Try learning "please" "thank you" and "yes sir" to others you're asking advice from.

That is one piss poor attitude you show for one starting out. In anything. All too common now.

Return to “Covid”