New severe Ontario Restrictions

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

New severe Ontario Restrictions

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5990092

It's getting ugly out there, boys and girls.... :shock:

Highlights.

Ontario will step up enforcement powers for police and extend its stay-at-home order to a minimum of six weeks in a bid to stem the exponential rise in COVID-19 cases.

Outdoor gatherings with people outside a person's household will be prohibited, effective 12:01 a.m. Saturday.

Effective 12:01 a.m. Monday, capacity at religious gatherings, weddings and funerals will be limited to 10 people. Also beginning Monday, Ford said, there will be checkpoints at provincial borders with Quebec and Manitoba with exceptions for essential travel.

Police will also have the authority to ask anyone outside their residence to indicate their purpose for leaving home and provide their address. That includes stopping vehicles and potentially issuing tickets of approximately $750.

Ontario reported 4,812 more cases of COVID-19 this morning, the most ever on a single day, marking three straight days of new peaks. Admissions to hospitals climbed to 1,955, while the number of people being treated for COVID-related illnesses in intensive care rose to 701, both all-time highs since the pandemic began.

Oh, and that fake field hospital......

Sunnybrook Hospital, where a field hospital was constructed in a parking lot earlier this month, says it will be prepared to begin accepting patients as early as Monday. The unit has capacity for up to about 80 beds, and a spokesperson for the hospital said it will largely cater to patients who have already been in hospital for some time and their COVID-19 symptoms have subsided.
---------- ADS -----------

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: New severe Ontario Restrictions

Post by scdriver »

This is getting a little out of hand. In what world is it ok for cops to be able to stop you for no reason and inquire why you're out of your house. This shit is a dictatorship. I do believe that Covid is posing a significant problem to hospitals in ON. but this is too far. They better not try this in BC...

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

scdriver wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:47 pm This is getting a little out of hand. In what world is it ok for cops to be able to stop you for no reason and inquire why you're out of your house. This shit is a dictatorship. I do believe that Covid is posing a significant problem to hospitals in ON. but this is too far. They better not try this in BC...
It does sound ugly, but how else would they be able to enforce compliance with stay at home orders?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

You're assuming they *should* be able to enforce stay-at-home orders.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

digits_ wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:53 pm
scdriver wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:47 pm This is getting a little out of hand. In what world is it ok for cops to be able to stop you for no reason and inquire why you're out of your house. This shit is a dictatorship. I do believe that Covid is posing a significant problem to hospitals in ON. but this is too far. They better not try this in BC...
It does sound ugly, but how else would they be able to enforce compliance with stay at home orders?
I don't think stay at home orders of that extent should exist or be enforced. Sure limit gatherings, close businesses, impose measures for indoor services but police powers and provincial border checkpoints are ridiculous

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

How about the people on this forum who have repeatedly claimed the hospitals were actually empty, the staff were doing happy dances all day, and the whole thing is a big scam offer a public apology?

You know who you are.

Then we can debate the government's measures.

It's the fake news crowd that's ridiculous.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

The hospitals are actually full of people who have been hoodwinked into thinking they have a blocked nose, the worried-well, and old people who are lonely. Haven't you heard?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:03 pm How about the people on this forum who have repeatedly claimed the hospitals were actually empty, the staff were doing happy dances all day, and the whole thing is a big scam offer a public apology?

You know who you are.

Then we can debate the government's measures.

It's the fake news crowd that's ridiculous.
I agree completely that the fake covid crowd are a bunch of clowns, but I genuinely believe restrictions on movement and powers like this are a dangerous thing in a country that is supposed to have protections against such restrictions in the Charter

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Is all this still conspiracy theory shit if it actually happens?

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

And remember this is all temporary, like income tax. 105 years later:wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:28 pm And remember this is all temporary, like income tax. 105 years later:wink:
Aren't you the one that posted all of this is fake news in the first place?

viewtopic.php?f=184&t=144551&p=1147075#p1147075

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Tell me again how great your snotty masks work folks!

Oh thats right... snotty masks work when we lock you up in your home so you can’t go anywhere... see how well it’s working? :lol:

Most people I know are cheering this on... so have at it... if we had an election today ford and Trudeau would both win a majority. I guess I’m the odd one out 🤷‍♂️

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:36 pm Tell me again how great your snotty masks work folks!

Oh thats right... snotty masks work when we lock you up in your home so you can’t go anywhere... see how well it’s working? :lol:

Most people I know are cheering this on... so have at it... if we had an election today ford and Trudeau would both win a majority. I guess I’m the odd one out 🤷‍♂️
So is the whole hospital story fake news, yes or no? Changed your tune?

viewtopic.php?f=184&t=144658&p=1150395#p1150395

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:28 pm And remember this is all temporary, like income tax. 105 years later:wink:
Aren't you the one that posted all of this is fake news in the first place?

viewtopic.php?f=184&t=144551&p=1147075#p1147075
Well bud, make sure you have your papers ready at the checkpoints. See you at the bread line in the fall.

Let’s Go Brandon
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:36 pm Tell me again how great your snotty masks work folks!

They might have, if people like you hadn't tried to stop everyone else from being willing to wear one, by explaining why they can't possibly work.

Thanks for that.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:40 pm

So is the whole hospital story fake news, yes or no? Changed your tune?

viewtopic.php?f=184&t=144658&p=1150395#p1150395
What tune? I took the headlines from the media and then took the numbers straight from Toronto public health.

My tune that the media exaggerates things with headlines. Absolutely I stand by that. Today’s announcement doesn’t change facts, or doesn’t mean masks all of a sudden have more efficacy.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

If masks were so effective, why did cases go higher now since they were made mandatory? It’s disgusting having to wear them. They get moist and are bacterial petrie dishes. I know a woman who has to wear them all day at her job and her face is covered in acne due to the masks. They’re all over the countryside now as well. People drop them on the sidewalk and throw them out the car window all the time. I can’t imagine how many billions are already in the landfill too. China is laughing at us while getting rich.

Let’s Go Brandon
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

The universal stop-and-frisk will be temporary. I don't like it, and if they take it much farther, I'll join in protests, possibly riots. But I do believe it will be temporary. I do have to say I agree with everything that came down today, with the notable exception of the new police powers. That is a line no civilized nation should cross except in times of war or insurrection IMO.

My father remembers the October Crisis quite well, and I remember the G20 riots (I was there). Neither worked out well.
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:21 pm Oh, and that fake field hospital......

Sunnybrook Hospital, where a field hospital was constructed in a parking lot earlier this month, says it will be prepared to begin accepting patients as early as Monday. The unit has capacity for up to about 80 beds, and a spokesperson for the hospital said it will largely cater to patients who have already been in hospital for some time and their COVID-19 symptoms have subsided.
You mean this one?

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:16 pm The universal stop-and-frisk will be temporary. I don't like it, and if they take it much farther, I'll join in protests, possibly riots. But I do believe it will be temporary. I do have to say I agree with everything that came down today, with the notable exception of the new police powers. That is a line no civilized nation should cross except in times of war or insurrection IMO.

My father remembers the October Crisis quite well, and I remember the G20 riots (I was there). Neither worked out well.
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:21 pm Oh, and that fake field hospital......

You mean this one?

Even if the police powers are temporary I think it sets a dangerous precedent that such restrictions can be invoked unilaterally in a situation where it’s completely arbitrary. Rule with an iron fist in public venues if need be but don’t restrict movement of Canadians

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Shouldn't cases and hospitalizations be dropping now with the vaccine rollout? We are at 21% nationally (2% both doses) yet cases seem to be rising and that on top of lockdowns and restrictions. I'd have imagined the curve would be going the other way? :rolleyes:

Return to “Covid”