Canada to mandate vaccination for all airline workers

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Canada to mandate vaccination for all airline workers

Post by CpnCrunch »

altiplano wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:56 am

The report and screen shot of the stat page is right there in this thread, Technical Briefing from straight from Public Health England. Vaccines apparently don't work as well with Delta which is dominant now. Over 99% of UK cases.

Also, your article is over a month old now... this briefing is subsequent to it and includes more information. We don't know all the situations here is fair to say, but the trend is establishing.
The trick is knowing how to interpret that data, and taking into account conflicting data, such as:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vacc ... ta-variant

and:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-v ... lness.html

As it stands, the data you posted doesn't make sense, so if you're truly interested in understanding why that is, you would need to dig further. Otherwise you're just cherrypicking.
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 am
altiplano wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:56 am

The report and screen shot of the stat page is right there in this thread, Technical Briefing from straight from Public Health England. Vaccines apparently don't work as well with Delta which is dominant now. Over 99% of UK cases.

Also, your article is over a month old now... this briefing is subsequent to it and includes more information. We don't know all the situations here is fair to say, but the trend is establishing.
The trick is knowing how to interpret that data, and taking into account conflicting data, such as:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vacc ... ta-variant

and:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-v ... lness.html

As it stands, the data you posted doesn't make sense, so if you're truly interested in understanding why that is, you would need to dig further. Otherwise you're just cherrypicking.
You're posting government press releases and news stories...

If the data doesn't make sense to you then you should take it up with UK Public Health. It's their data.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

altiplano wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:06 pm

You're posting government press releases and news stories...

If the data doesn't make sense to you then you should take it up with UK Public Health. It's their data.
Im fine thanks. But you might want to look at that report again, as you seem to have misinterpreted the data:

"but a more detailed analysis indicates a significantly
greater risk of hospitalisation among Delta cases compared to Alpha (see page 50 of
Variant Technical Brief 15"

So Delta does in fact have a greater risk of hospitalisation than Alpha, as per the peer-reviewed study from Scotland that I posted.

Also, you have to be careful comparing CFR or variants because the report says that only a % of cases were sequenced (varying from 10% to 90% depending on date). There was a set priority for sequencing, with hospital cases having the highest priority, so that is likely why the apparent mortality looks higher for vaccinated when that clearly isn't the case (from looking at the entire data...cases going up yet mortality going down over recent months).

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

Still got that whole problem of wanting others to do something they don't want to do, Crunchie.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

BigQ wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:28 pm Still got that whole problem of wanting others to do something they don't want to do, Crunchie.
I don't want them to. I'm quite happy for people not to get vaccinated and take their chances. The only issue is they seem to be filling up the hospitals, so perhaps they should pay for any covid-related procedures (average $23k).

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Podcast seem to be a great place to hear some perspectives on covid. This was a good episode. Thoughts?
Screenshot_20210824-221406.png
Screenshot_20210824-221406.png (503.18 KiB) Viewed 1172 times

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

Here's some fun nuggets re: Ben Shapiro:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

geodoc wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:24 pm Here's some fun nuggets re: Ben Shapiro:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro
RationalWiki differs in several ways from the philosophy of Wikipedia and some other informational wikis. It is written from a self-described "snarky point of view" and "scientific point of view" (in both cases SPOV) rather than a "neutral point of view" (NPOV), and publishes opinion, speculation, and original research.

The left is always trying to disguise their opinions as “science” and “facts”. These kinds of websites remind me of Trudeau, the “anti racist” black face who is one of the most racist of all. Ben just gives his opinion and is willing to debate anyone on it. Many times it’s just his values, which is little to do with science. Then you see liberals like freeland edit videos of otool in an attempt to warp context. RationalWiki is just typical strategy of the left. A more accurate name would be LeftOpinionWiki.

At least when you listen to Ben you hear him speaking his opinions, and can agree or disagree. But he’s not trying to tell you his opinion is facts or science.

Bogus pitotubes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bogus pitotubes »

You don’t want mandatory vaccinations, don’t vote for JT & his not so sunny ways.
Easy rhetoric until a sizeable chunk of civil servants call the bluff - hard, as in almost impossible, to fire them
Bunch of companies piling on, will see howit plays out.
Not that I really care/double dosed for personal reasons

blasted off
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by blasted off »

Burial costs covered for Canadians killed by approved vaccines

https://torontosun.com/news/national/bu ... d-vaccines

75 million budget may project 15000 deaths from "Government approved vaccines" vs 26855 from Covid itself in Canada.
Do the benefits of vaccines far outweigh the risks?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

blasted off wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:44 pm Burial costs covered for Canadians killed by approved vaccines

75 million budget may project 15000 deaths from "Government approved vaccines" vs 26855 from Covid itself in Canada.
Whhaaat? If I was in power, I would send the family the bill for wasting the vaccine!/s

But on a serious note i think this is just bad publicity for the government. Don't talk about death and vaccines. I mean what the heck! 75 mill budget! :lol: Hows that for confidence!

Bogus pitotubes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bogus pitotubes »

montado wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:48 pm
blasted off wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:44 pm Burial costs covered for Canadians killed by approved vaccines

Whhaaat? If I was in power, I would send the family the bill for wasting the vaccine!/s

But on a serious note i think this is just bad publicity for the government. Don't talk about death and vaccines. I mean what the heck! 75 mill budget! :lol: Hows that for confidence!
That equates to$74.9 mill for Trudeau friends & family, pittance for admin fees

Return to “Covid”