FDA (full) Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

FDA (full) Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine

Post by rookiepilot »

---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: FDA (full) Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine

Post by CpnCrunch »

Now what excuse will they have for not wanting to get vaccinated?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Apparently the approval was too quick, so it doesn't count.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:22 pm Now what excuse will they have for not wanting to get vaccinated?
They are afraid of needles. We will give them lollies and take them for ice cream afterwards.

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

Approval was for Cominarty, the vaccine to be developed by Pfizer that is neither in production or distribution phase. For 16 and older only.

The Pfizer-BioNtech b612 vaccine commonly distributed is still under EUA.

Right outta the FDA webpage.

I don't know many among us reticent to take the vaccine that suddenly will think "hurp durp i guess the government made it official, better go get it now hurr hurr hurr". But for those among you who think government can do no harm, well, good luck with your booster shot in the coming months.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

BigQ wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:18 pm Approval was for Cominarty, the vaccine to be developed by Pfizer that is neither in production or distribution phase. For 16 and older only.

I don't know many among us reticent to take the vaccine that suddenly will think "hurp durp i guess the government made it official, better go get it now hurr hurr hurr". But for those among you who think government can do no harm, well, good luck with your booster shot in the coming months.
Don't worry about my booster shot. It might be hard to schedule since I'll be covering for your fired ass but I'll make the time.

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

BigQ wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:18 pm Approval was for Cominarty, the vaccine to be developed by Pfizer that is neither in production or distribution phase. For 16 and older only.

The FDA webpage makes no mention of a new vaccine that is not in the production or distribution phase.
FDA wrote: The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.
Since Dec. 11, 2020, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine has been available under EUA in individuals 16 years of age and older, and the authorization was expanded to include those 12 through 15 years of age on May 10, 2021.
I don't see how anybody could read that and conclude they were talking about two different vaccines.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Posthumane wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:01 amI don't see how anybody could read that and conclude they were talking about two different vaccines.
It's easy to miss stuff when the tinfoil hat falls into your field of view.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

This vaccine came out and millions of people took it without full authorization. Did anyone actually believe people were “vaccine hesitant”? These are just terms the media made up, it was all fake news.

I would be surprised if this news leads to 0.2 percent more Canadians taking the vaccine.

Like I said before, people who didn’t get vaccinated most likely just don’t want a vaccine for Covid. It doesn’t matter if it’s approved.

The most effective thing might be mandatory vaccines and vaccine passports… might lead to another 5 percent uptake. But when I say effective, I only mean effective at getting more people vaccinated. Unfortunately getting an additional 5 percent vaccinated won’t lead to covid zero, it won’t change any policy like masks, it won’t stop covid deaths. Everyone who wants these policies never learned from the other policies that never panned out as being effective. I was convinced vaccines would make the risk of covid low enough to go back to normal but apparently people still feel unsafe. Heck we are more vaccinated than not but we are going into this flu season acting like we are worse off than last year.

Now articles are saying we need to vaccinate children to reach herd immunity… what’s this? A new goal post? 😂 why can’t kids get immunity naturally, since covid barely has any effect on the young kids anyways?

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/herd-immunit ... -1.5560431

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:18 am
Like I said before, people who didn’t get vaccinated most likely just don’t want a vaccine for Covid. It doesn’t matter if it’s approved.
Except that while it didn’t have full FDA approval, all we heard was “I’m not going to accept a vaccine that’s ‘experimental’.”

Now that it’s no longer “experimental”, suddenly the approval doesn’t count for anything, and it’s all “I don’t want a vaccine at all.”

That’s ok. Nobody is going to hold anyone down and put a needle in their arm.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

photofly wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:49 am
Except that while it didn’t have full FDA approval, all we heard was “I’m not going to accept a vaccine that’s ‘experimental’.”

Now that it’s no longer “experimental”, suddenly the approval doesn’t count for anything, and it’s all “I don’t want a vaccine at all.”

People say what they want to try to justify to you. They don’t have a good answer, because if they just say “I don’t want it” you would say that’s ridiculous no? To me that was the only logical answer. There’s enough evidence that vaccines are safe and effective. To say you are waiting for approval is a paperwork exercise. So yes people say one thing, but they will now move the goal post, because guess what, they still don’t want it :lol:. I knew that from anyone who said they were waiting for approval that was just the easy way to hide behind the reality of simply not wanting a vaccine.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I’m okay with this. The unvaccinated cost more, so they should pay more. But this should apply to everything. Smokers cost more so they should pay more. Obesity costs more so they should pay more.

Interesting to watch everyone chime in over these issues, let’s see some consistency. Lots of people calling for the unvaccinated to pay for their healthcare in Canada if they get covid… well let’s make smokers pay for their lung cancer. I’m on board! All these discussions just make me, more conservative… why do we pay taxes? Let’s just play the game everyone for themselves, pay your way, the way it should be no? (Of course I’m being a little facetious, but the squabbling over this is crazy)
ADB07798-CD89-4113-92A0-0CBB65FFE4DB.jpeg
ADB07798-CD89-4113-92A0-0CBB65FFE4DB.jpeg (858.91 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Nobody in Canada will make unvaccinated people who get COVID pay (or pay more) for their healthcare, for all the reasons you suggest.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... c0de3a1620

But everyone on this site still claims the hospitals were always empty.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:49 am

It's because people lack trust--for good reason. Gates, Fauci, and their pharma investment friends were manipulating coronaviruses in Wuhan, and then WHOOPS! All of the sudden we have a pandemic. People remember 2009 when pharma tried to push Tamiflu and yet another vax onto otherwise healthy humans. Fauci and especially Gates spent years publicly lamenting that people had a choice in what they put into their bodies...as if that were a bad thing.

The Pfizer approval is nothing but a pencil whip, just like many other FDA approvals. The trial process was nowhere near as stringent and forward-looking as the polio vax, for example (polio vax STILL has major issues). Look how many class-action lawsuits there are due to severe illnesses, deformities, and deaths caused by FDA-approved pharmaceuticals. The entire premise of big pharma is to make enough to profit after the lawsuit. The FDA is not an organization that promotes health or wellness. If it were, HFCS would be banned by Friday and there would be no opiates crisis.

Did you notice who did the approval? Did you remember the products that they have previously approved on behalf of the FDA?

People are rightly distrustful. Covid is heavily politicized, racialized, and the contradictions from the officials are never-ending. We are all being told now that the jabs don't work anymore and that you will need booster shots indefinitely. There's that subscription (kind of like software, eh?) I mentioned earlier this summer. There's a common theme between HFCS, opiates, and now the vax boosters--a guaranteed customer. Whether through addiction or coercion, pharma gets paid.

Just because people can't quantify their internal distrust doesn't make them stupid or bad people. It's a natural response to the circumstances. They don't deserve this "de-personing" process that is happening. And don't be so certain that you won't eventually get caught up in the de-personing tornado yourself. The system isn't yet done ratcheting down on everyone...and I'm certain that they will finally deliver a set of circumstances that you won't agree to.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:29 pm It's because people lack trust--for good reason. Gates, Fauci, and their pharma investment friends were manipulating coronaviruses
That's the point where you lost me.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

photofly wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:01 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:29 pm It's because people lack trust--for good reason. Gates, Fauci, and their pharma investment friends were manipulating coronaviruses
That's because conspiracy theories tend to fail common sense and logic tests.

Tell me, why would Bill Gates, a divorced retired computer software company CEO have any interest in manipulating a SARS virus?

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Yep, my eyes rolled back and I stopped reading at this point as well.

Greasy Greaser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Greasy Greaser »

Just remember, literally nobody here is worth micro-chipping to track (I won't bring up cell phones as that is too easy).

As soon as someone says "Gates, Fauci, Cuban, etc"...Just be ready to move up that sweet seniority list hopefully lol.

Lose != Loose
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

You're suddenly lost at the point where at least two of the world's largest (and arguably the most well-known) vaccine investors are involved? It's a well known and published fact, no matter how lost you claim to be.
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:04 pm Tell me, why would Bill Gates, a divorced retired computer software company CEO have any interest in manipulating a SARS virus?
You act as naive as a child. He's not Larry the neighbourhood computer guy. He's been at the vaccine research game for a long time, as has been well published. Vaccine research includes (hurr-durr) manipulating diseases, of many other things. Gain of function research, anyone? If you want to sell a cure, you have to have a disease for it. Creation of demand...

Greasy Greaser wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:31 am Just remember, literally nobody here is worth micro-chipping to track (I won't bring up cell phones as that is too easy).

As soon as someone says "Gates, Fauci, Cuban, etc"...Just be ready to move up that sweet seniority list hopefully lol.
Yet, you're already tracked by every device that you carry, every camera on the street, and even every time you buy a box of Wheaties. So a lot of people think you're worth it. Microchipping? Probably unrealistic to implement, so the smartphone will do the job for now. You wrote off smartphones as "too easy" but they are at the absolute centre of everything in society right now. So, no, we cannot just write that out of the conversation LOL.

I'm aware of the media's push to brand anyone who is critical of the system a "conspiracy theorist." These so-called "elites" are invested in these jabs, and denial of that is dishonest discourse. But here's the thing about your seniority list joke--All of your belief in the system won't save you or your job. Sure, non-jabbers will be let go first--the system has to have some teeth at some point. But eventually, there will be a narrative shift, blanco nino, as is always the case. Do you think vaxxing will save your careers in the long run? I'm betting on temporary relief, then a swift change in rules, as has been the case throughout this while korona show.

Return to “Covid”