Ontario vaccine passport in effect

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Ontario vaccine passport in effect

Post by montado »

https://twitter.com/emadguirguismd/stat ... 4189800451

No soup for you!

What a menace two weeks of flattening the curve has become.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Ontario vaccine passport in effect

Post by imjustlurking »

montado wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:15 am https://twitter.com/emadguirguismd/stat ... 4189800451

No soup for you!

What a menace two weeks of flattening the curve has become.
There is no vaccine passport in effect in Ontario. That is blatantly false and can you can read more about it here.

Certain non-essential businesses are now required to check for proof of vaccination. If you choose not to be vaccinated, you cannot go to a club, sit inside at a restaurant, or the gym (among others).

Stop pretending that you haven't been given every opportunity, warning, and chance to ask questions to educate and vaccinate yourself. You sound like a child whining about how their toy was taken away.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Thank you for the link to read more about the vaccine passport in Ontario.

CBC posted some information about it as well.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6182533

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

montado wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 am Thank you for the link to read more about the vaccine passport in Ontario.

I'm working the Ontario Provincial Vaccine Booking Line as my COVID job... I'm pretty sure I know what's happening.

CBC is calling it something that it is not. It is not a vaccine passport. The only thing that is to be shown is proof of vaccination (vaccine receipt) and ID.

If you don't believe me, you can call the PVBL at 1 833 943 3900.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 am
montado wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 am Thank you for the link to read more about the vaccine passport in Ontario.

I'm working the Ontario Provincial Vaccine Booking Line as my COVID job... I'm pretty sure I know what's happening.

CBC is calling it something that it is not. It is not a vaccine passport. The only thing that is to be shown is proof of vaccination (vaccine receipt) and ID.

If you don't believe me, you can call the PVBL at 1 833 943 3900.
He won't call. He doesn't deal in facts.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Does not bother me at all as I don’t go to concerts or sporting events. Went to a few restaurants recently and the prices have increased a lot. Cooking healthier food at home or the occasional takeout pizza. No tips, no showing your papers and more money in my pocket.

Let’s Go Brandon
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:09 pm Does not bother me at all as I don’t go to concerts or sporting events. Went to a few restaurants recently and the prices have increased a lot. Cooking healthier food at home or the occasional takeout pizza. No tips, no showing your papers and more money in my pocket.
I agree, I think its a policy that will have little change on covid outcomes, but I am totally fine with not supporting any business that will require it. I'm vaccinated, but I wont be printing my certificate. If they wont let me go, well OK ill go somewhere else. If no restaurant will let me dine in, I guess my dine in privileges are suspended until further notice. No sweat off my back. I wont be making a point to support small business. Good job DOFO. Probably wont be a huge problem for small biz, I think 70 percent of people will be happy to go out and dine and show their certificates. Have at it! Ill watch from the sidelines and spend money on other things.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

And how do you know if the restaurant workers are vaccinated? Are you allowed to check their papers too? Some of them might not have the magic potion and could infect you with the super duper deadly Covid. :shock:

Let’s Go Brandon
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

montado wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:25 am
Inverted2 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:09 pm Does not bother me at all as I don’t go to concerts or sporting events. Went to a few restaurants recently and the prices have increased a lot. Cooking healthier food at home or the occasional takeout pizza. No tips, no showing your papers and more money in my pocket.
I agree, I think its a policy that will have little change on covid outcomes, but I am totally fine with not supporting any business that will require it. I'm vaccinated, but I wont be printing my certificate. If they wont let me go, well OK ill go somewhere else. If no restaurant will let me dine in, I guess my dine in privileges are suspended until further notice. No sweat off my back. I wont be making a point to support small business. Good job DOFO. Probably wont be a huge problem for small biz, I think 70 percent of people will be happy to go out and dine and show their certificates. Have at it! Ill watch from the sidelines and spend money on other things.
So f' the restaurants that are following provincial requirements? You are really a "me first" kind of person...

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Who are you talking to? :roll:

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

imjustlurking wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:28 pm
So f' the restaurants that are following provincial requirements? You are really a "me first" kind of person...
It’s a personal choice. If you don’t agree with showing restaurant workers your vaccination status. That’s a choice. Just don’t go. Cook at home or get take-out.

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Also chances are good that you are showing your Covid passport to a restaurant worker who isn’t even vaccinated. Most small businesses aren’t covered under the mandate like airline workers.

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Covid”