Colin Powell dies from Covid complications - Fully vaccinated

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Colin Powell dies from Covid complications - Fully vaccinated

Post by The Prof »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/us/p ... -dead.html

Sad news out of the US.

But a point to make, Mr Powell was fully vaccinated but still succumb to complications arising from Covid-19, although I'm sure his age played a factor.

Instead of attacking various groups, why can't we be more constructive as a Nation and understand that the science on Covid is changing day by day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... e-mandate/

Overwhelming evidence is appearing to show superior immunity from natural infection vs vaccination. Obviously not endorsing catching Covid-19, but after 18 months, I'm sure a significant portion of the population has been exposed. Why aren't we testing for antibodies instead of mandating these vaccines. Common sense has gone out the window, it feels like desperation has set in.

People seem to forget that elsewhere in the world life is normal, and some places never diverted from normal (Normal being life before Covid-19). Now here in Canada we're stuck with mandate after mandate, rule after rule, with no end in sight.

Maybe instead of big Government enforcement we can return to the ways of the past, individual responsibility and truth over politics. What one would give for that....
---------- ADS -----------

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Colin Powell dies from Covid complications - Fully vaccinated

Post by dialdriver »

Edit

Last edited by dialdriver on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

The Prof wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 am https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/us/p ... -dead.html

Sad news out of the US.

But a point to make, Mr Powell was fully vaccinated but still succumb to complications arising from Covid-19, although I'm sure his age played a factor.

Instead of attacking various groups, why can't we be more constructive as a Nation and understand that the science on Covid is changing day by day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... e-mandate/

Overwhelming evidence is appearing to show superior immunity from natural infection vs vaccination. Obviously not endorsing catching Covid-19, but after 18 months, I'm sure a significant portion of the population has been exposed. Why aren't we testing for antibodies instead of mandating these vaccines. Common sense has gone out the window, it feels like desperation has set in.

People seem to forget that elsewhere in the world life is normal, and some places never diverted from normal (Normal being life before Covid-19). Now here in Canada we're stuck with mandate after mandate, rule after rule, with no end in sight.

Maybe instead of big Government enforcement we can return to the ways of the past, individual responsibility and truth over politics. What one would give for that....
i-did-my-own-research-meme.jpg
i-did-my-own-research-meme.jpg (160.4 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

The Prof wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 am https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/us/p ... -dead.html

Sad news out of the US.

He was 84, and was also being treated for blood cancer.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Colin Powell dies from Covid - Fully vaccinated! But you won't hear any of this on main stream media as the coverup has already begun in order to preserve the narrative... oh wait sorry are we all quoting this from MSM and the morning news... I thought MSM was on Bill Gate's payroll.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Prof »

dialdriver wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 am

i-did-my-own-research-meme.jpg
Umm, did I?

I merely posted an article that refers to numerous scientific studies that show natural immunity has superior immunity to Covid 19 than any of the current vaccines available.

I believe the current Covid-19 vaccines give excellent short term protection for the majority of people who take them, however I'm also open minded and understand science is constantly changing. This leads me to think, maybe mandating something that is already starting to show signs of poor long term efficacy may not be the greatest idea, and also give people a false sense of security.

I suppose you would just have me blindly listen instead?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... -suggests/

Real smart........... :lol:

The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Prof »

Invertago wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:27 am Colin Powell dies from Covid - Fully vaccinated! But you won't hear any of this on main stream media as the coverup has already begun in order to preserve the narrative... oh wait sorry are we all quoting this from MSM and the morning news... I thought MSM was on Bill Gate's payroll.
I find it funny how you instantly bring up some kind of conspiracy theory to try and mock my post. I've never claimed any kind of conspiracy theory, please save that for someone who does.

I merely stated that Natural Immunity looks to be a superior form of defense to Covid-19 than the current Vaccines are. At least according to a professor from John Hopkins who cites 15 scientific studies that support that claim. Save your childish rhetoric for someone who makes a claim like that.

Instead, if you disagree with my post, why don't you rebut the claim with actual evidence.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

The science is conclusive. Vaccines work to prevent severe covid. I don’t know why anyone would want to attempt natural immunity and take that chance.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 am The science is conclusive. Vaccines work to prevent severe covid. I don’t know why anyone would want to attempt natural immunity and take that chance.
You beat me to it.... "Long covid" comes to mind as well.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Some news outlets also mentioned he was battling cancer, plus he was 84 years old so another example of the media pushing the Covid fear. Not much different than the 14 year old boy who had stage 4 brain cancer in Alberta that they said died from Covid alone. They only retracted that statement when they got CAUGHT.

Politicians and the media are the real disease.

Let’s Go Brandon
frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

The point here is not to replace vaccin with catching the disease, rather if somebody already caught the covid, maybe don't automatically give both shots. Anyway it is what I understand.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 am Some news outlets also mentioned he was battling cancer, plus he was 84 years old so another example of the media pushing the Covid fear. Not much different than the 14 year old boy who had stage 4 brain cancer in Alberta that they said died from Covid alone. They only retracted that statement when they got CAUGHT.

Politicians and the media are the real disease.
Huh!? They are not pushing the Covid fear with him, more like vaccination fear...

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

I have said it before and I'll say it again because too many people don't understand what a vaccine is or what it does.

Vaccines allow the body to create an antibody response before being infected with a virus for the first time. It's like being instructed in the simulator before jumping into the real plane.

The vaccine does not prevent you from being infected, just as sim time does not mean that you will not crash when you first get into the real plane.

The vaccine allows your body a head start in learning how to identify a pathogen and produce an antibody response. It's similar to how after having some simulator time, you will have a better understanding of the aircraft when you first step foot into it.

Long story short, just like sim time, a vaccine reduces the duration of the initial phase of an infection. The result is that your body has a head start on fighting the pathogen and preventing it from multiplying.

Now, imagine you are getting old and/or have immune deficiencies. Compare that to having poor motor control of your limbs. You are already at a deficit and are still more likely to crash the plane (or get seriously ill or die from a pathogen). Having a severely compromised immune system is like having no control of your arms or legs whatsoever. No matter how much sim time or vaccine you get, you are fucked.

So, you may ask, why get the vaccine or practice in the simulator? Neither of them prevent you from dying/crashing. When it comes down to it, it's not about a black and white, 0 and 1, true or false... it's about reducing risk.

Now shut the @#$! up with your stupid conspiracy theories, comments about how you're healthy and young, and "medical advice" from fringe experts. You're only proving that you are a selfish prick who has no empathy or compassion.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Up until that last paragraph, you were doing *so* well!

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

The Prof wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 am People seem to forget that elsewhere in the world life is normal, and some places never diverted from normal (Normal being life before Covid-19). Now here in Canada we're stuck with mandate after mandate, rule after rule, with no end in sight.

Where was normal?

China? With (real) state controlled media and curfew (likely) enforced at gunpoint?

New Zealand? Who completely shut down travel and share no land borders with any other nation?

Sweden? Who’s COVID mortality rates have been the worst in the Western world and only didn’t completely collapse their healthcare system because of their BIG governments that fully and comprehensively fund them through some of the highest taxation rates in the world?

The USA? Haha! Hahahhahahahaha!!!

The only way natural immunity works is by killing off the old and weak.

I have first hand experience corroborating the media that says by far most of the severe COVID-19 cases are among the unvaccinated.

If you want to end government restrictions, take the damn shot.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

photofly wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:56 am Up until that last paragraph, you were doing *so* well!
My goal with my comment was to be truthful and explain what my argument in an easy to understand way.

I believe every line of my comment met that goal.

The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Prof »

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:32 am Now shut the @#$! up with your stupid conspiracy theories, comments about how you're healthy and young, and "medical advice" from fringe experts. You're only proving that you are a selfish prick who has no empathy or compassion.
Not sure if you're referring to me with your "conspiracy theorists" and "proving I'm a selfish prick" comments. But if you are, let me ask you this, if I have naturally obtained immunity through being exposed to Covid over the past year and a half, and I have a positive antibody test proving I have natural antibodies, and according to the latest science Natural Immunity is at least as good if not better than vaccine induced immunity, then why would I be mandated to take a vaccine with a risk of an adverse affect, albeit small. How does that make me selfish? To me, that is an illogical conclusion, and seems more selfish on your part for you wanting for me to conform to your beliefs. The fact you try to belittle me with a statement such as a "conspiracy theorist" shows how little you really know.

I won't stoop to your level of insults, but I would suggest you take your anger elsewhere.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21262415v1

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-ar ... Hc.twitter

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 111v1.full

I can link to another 20+ studies that prove my point if you would like me too. These arn't from fringe experts they're from a number of scientific institutions and individuals. Probably not funded by pharmaceutical companies though. Although who knows.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

The science shows natural immunity with vaccines also improves your immunity. This is why even if you have natural immunity it’s important to get a vaccine as well.

The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Prof »

‘Bob’ wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:19 pm
The Prof wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 am People seem to forget that elsewhere in the world life is normal, and some places never diverted from normal (Normal being life before Covid-19). Now here in Canada we're stuck with mandate after mandate, rule after rule, with no end in sight.

Sweden? Who’s COVID mortality rates have been the worst in the Western world and only didn’t completely collapse their healthcare system because of their BIG governments that fully and comprehensively fund them through some of the highest taxation rates in the world?

Hi Bob, can you back up your claim as to Sweden having the worst mortality rates in the Western world as that doesn't add up to the data I've reviewed. Scandinavian Countries in general have taken a less Authoritarian route and seem to fair no worse than other Western countries. If you could provide the data then maybe I'd stand to be corrected. Thanks.

Also, I think you may find that taking "the damn shot" will probably not end the restrictions unfortunately. The past 19 months have proven that, although I will always eat my words if I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Natural immunity is great and wonderful as long as you can achieve it with out tying up the ER for a month or being out of work for months with long covid. Vaccines are just a tool to improve the situation, not the end solution by themselves.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Return to “Covid”