Aviation Products Forum

Any comments or suggestions can be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, avcanada

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Aviation Products Forum

Post by Snowgoose »

Not sure if this has been suggested. But how about a forum when we can discuss headsets, aviation books, logbooks, software, clothing, etc. All the stuff you can by at aviaton world and beyond. I had some pretty good success with an oregon aero headset upgrade. I would like to hear from a few guys/gals that own Bose. When this stuff pops up in General Comments it usually disappears pretty quickly
---------- ADS -----------

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Louis »

I say Snowgoose might have a good idea there. Other forums I'd like to see some back are Questions, and Medical Issues too, because, like Aviation Products, there tend to be buried underneath hotter current events like the latest accident, hiring spree or bankruptcy, even if they're all relevant and worth a look even quite some time after.

Goodbye,

Louis

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Didn't we merge a few of the forums because someone was whining how we have to many forums?

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Aviation Products Forum

Post by chipmunk »

Snowgoose wrote: I would like to hear from a few guys/gals that own Bose.
What do you want to know?

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Snowgoose »

Are they worth 1k US. I see you are flying Garrets so in your case I would agree they are neccesary. But what about PT-6's?

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Snowgoose »

The only thing I would request is that it is a review forum and the mods prevent people from advertising in it.

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

I am working on putting in an area to post used things for sale.

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

Snowgoose wrote:Are they worth 1k US. I see you are flying Garrets so in your case I would agree they are neccesary. But what about PT-6's?
Definitely worth the $$. I also fly a Caravan, and I almost feel silly using a Bose in that! It makes it sound like you're in a driving a car on the highway. It's awesome. I like how light and comfortable it is, and the only drawback would be the volume controls. There's a dial for each ear on the battery pack, and they are designed so that if they rub against anything in the cockpit the volume changes with little effort. Nothing to keep them set at your preferred setting. They do have some clips on either side of the battery pack so if you can find something in the cockpit to stick the thing to it's ok, but haven't found a good place in the 208 yet! I think the batteries (2 AAs) are lasting me about 70 hours or so but I keep forgetting to put a note in my logbook everytime I change them, so that may not be accurate. Nearly everyone I've lent it to to try for a flight has gone out and bought one...

Return to “Forum Suggestion and Announcements”