Needing words of wisdom

Any comments or suggestions can be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, avcanada

Pilot-Wanabee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Needing words of wisdom

Post by Pilot-Wanabee »

Hello Fellow Aviators,
I’m not sure as to whether this is the forum to post my query and I’m not sure whether this subject has been covered on here before. If it has, kindly pardon me for asking again... I’m an aspiring aviator and a late bloomer. I caught the flying bug a little too late in my life. I’m currently 31 years old and in the process of getting my PPL and eventually continue on to tackle my CPL.
However, I’m debating on whether it’s maybe best for me to purchase my own aircraft (I’m thinking Cessna 172 IFR equipped) as I’ll be able to accumulate my hours sooner, but to also bring my training cost down for other ratings (i.e. IFR). I’m thinking it would be cheaper in the wrong run and I would maybe get most of my money back once I’m through with training and after selling my aircraft.
I’ve thought about working as a CFI but this is not something that is cut out for everyone. I’ve also thought about bush flying in various parts of the world and maybe if buying my own aircraft doesn’t work out I’ll settle for the bush flying. However, I feel like my age is against me.
Any suggestions out there in Av Canada land, that might be of good use?
---------- ADS -----------

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Needing words of wisdom

Post by crazyaviator »

If you go the airplane route, think about buying something like a C-182 WITH floats and wheels ,,that way, you can do all your ratings AND get float time AND possibly use the plane for commercial purposes ,,,,just my 2 cents,,,buy wise !
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Forum Suggestion and Announcements”