Window shifts position when scrolling

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Carrier
Rank 6
Rank 6

Window shifts position when scrolling

Post by Carrier »

On our iMac running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks the window for our browser is set at the maximum vertical size, extending from the top to the bottom of the screen. This shows the maximum amount of a long document or article in the screen and is fine as long as the window stays in the same position. The problem is it does not.

All too often when scrolling down to view the continuation of long documents and articles we find that the browser window suddenly starts moving down. The cursor is positioned over the scroll bar slider on the right of the window, the slider darkens, we start dragging the slider down, scrolling starts and then of its own accord the scrolling stops and the window starts sliding down the screen with the cursor.

Unlike with earlier versions of OSX we do not have the option of placing the cursor on scroll arrows at the bottom of the scroll bar. The only way to scroll down on a long document or article is to place the cursor on the scroll slider and drag the slider down.

We do not want the browser window to reposition or resize unless we make a deliberate action to change it. We particularly do not want this happening when we are trying to scroll down on a long article.

How may I lock the browser window in place on the screen to eliminate these unwanted window repositions when we scroll down?
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Window shifts position when scrolling

Post by 7ECA »

Might be time to consider upgrading your OS, the current version is 10.11.1 El Capitan.

I cannot recall a scrolling issue like the one you are describing on any previous version, and I generally have browser windows at maximum vertical size as well.

If you are unable to find any answers here ( :wink: ), it might be worthwhile trying to post on the Apple Support Community, or just searching there, as you can usually find something in regard to issues you are having.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”