PGP easy install options?

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Carrier
Rank 6
Rank 6

PGP easy install options?

Post by Carrier »

Using Jerzy J. Gangi’s “The best PGP tutorial for Mac OS X, ever” I obtained the GPG Suite from the GPGTools website and installed PGP on an iMac running OSX. I would now like to be able to send my key to various contacts. Some of these contacts do not yet have PGP so in my email I would like to be able to advise them where to obtain it.

For those who use Macs I will suggest that they obtain a copy of GPG Suite and install it as per Jerzy’s excellent tutorial. The problem comes with those who use Windows or Linux. I understand the EFF Surveillance Self-Defense offers PGP for these OS’s but it is rather complex compared with Jerzy’s setup for Macs. Are there versions of PGP for Linux and Windows that are as easy to install as PGP is on OSX using Jerzy’s tutorial?
---------- ADS -----------

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: PGP easy install options?

Post by AirFrame »

Unfortunately you're about 10 years too late. People are giving up on PGP these days, as it's nowhere near as ubiquitous as it would need to be for truly secure communication. For the most part, it's just a hassle for people with very little benefit.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/ ... on_pg.html

ayzikHix
Rank 0
Rank 0

PGP easy install options

Post by ayzikHix »

How do I install UniversalMediaServer on Mint?

The instructions are somewhat unspecific and long not tested, do I have to take care of certain specialties on Mint?

Or should I use the instructions for Ubuntu 16?

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”