Bluetooth mouse

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Bluetooth mouse

Post by dashx »

Just bought a bluettooth mouse for my lap (Microsoft 5000 model) and paired it to the laptop with no problems.

Works great but it went through the original alkaline batteries in less than 3 days and now I using my rechargables (it uses AAA batteries). And they dont last too long...

I kept my older Logitech mouse which uses AA batteries (the rechargables last for months -obviously the AA's have larger capacity) but it has a large USB receiver......

Does anyone else out there use a bluetooth mouse with their laptop? Does it use AA or AAA batteries? Does it last???

Just curious as I like the bluetooth feature. Just one less thing to attach to the computer. And it frees up another USB port.

-X
---------- ADS -----------

deflux
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Bluetooth mouse

Post by deflux »

Yeah I bought this one to use with my little netbook...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... CatId=2391

It's nice because its rechargeable by USB or wall charger and you can actually charge it while you are using it. A charge usually lasts me a few days.

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

The thing to recall if you take your mouse and just toss into a bag without turning it off the laser will search and the batteries will die fast. I do believe that you need to make sure that it is turned off for it to work.

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Louis »

Its even worse than that actually: on top the mouse perceiving motion and coming out of its economy mode, its going to try pairing with a device that just isn't there anymore. And unless they built-in some sort of auto shutdown after X minutes of lost connection, well, you know the rest...

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

I use my laptop a lot when I am away from home. I thought I would try the microsoft mouse ('cause it was on sale..........). I should have checked about the AAA batteries......

The older Logitech mouse takes AA batteries and uses both NiMh and alkaline well. As in both types last a long time.

Both mice have an on/off switch which I have been using. I carry a AAA/AA 110-220Vac charger with me at all times. Plus extra rechargables....

The microsoft (bluetooth) mouse does not like NiMh batteries (as in they last for a very short period of time). So in this respect it is useless to me.

I measured the alkaline battery voltage when it stopped working properly (started to get slow) and it was 1.49 V....... so it doesn't take much to figure out it is voltage sensitive..

In any case i am now back to using the Logitech mouse and when I get back I will go for Logitech bluetooth (AA battery model) mouse which will be more expensive but easier to maintain.

So a lesson for me.......

But it does seem like laser mice use more power than optical mice....

Also the laser mouse did not have that mesmerizing red glow when it was on.

turbo-prop
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by turbo-prop »

I used a logitech bluetooth mouse and it worked great. Would last at least a month before new batteries. (not rechargable)

Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Louis »

Unless you really need the wireless mouse, you may be better off with a good old wired mouse.
Lighter than anything wireless, so less strain on your arm and wrist, and no batteries.

Mine has years/kilometers/thousands clicks of use, and keeps on working. A good portion of the bottom is actually smooth due to the wear. Just stuff it in your laptop bag. Mine is optical so not suitable on all surfaces, but I hear the newer laser based ones work on more materials.

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Well I got a Logitech V470 mouse (on Ebay) and have used it for 2 weeks on one set of rechargable batteries (2 hours every day min.). Had 2 issues of pairing with computer as well in the last two weeks. Not a big deal. I'm used to bluetooth connection issues now.

The design is a bit akward (which is what happens when you make things as compact as you can). Batteries go in at an angle and are a tight fit going in or out.

Its a small mouse (I would have preferred it to be a bit bigger but....)

Overall it has performed very well. And i would recommend it to anyone looking for a bluetooth mouse.

paydaymayday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by paydaymayday »

Both my wireless bluetooth mighty mouse (laser) and apple keyboard last several months on a pair of rechargable NiMH AA's each... I never bother to turn them off, either.

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”