Guidence please

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

moocow
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Guidence please

Post by moocow »

Took a look at the Apple website and I see the MacAir and MacBook haven't been updated yet. So I suggest you hold off on buying them until you see i3 or i5 processor in them. The prices should remain the same. What kind of documents do you have in mind? Like just reading PDF or actually editing text and spread sheets? IMO, the iPad is a rip off since it's just a stretched up iTouch. If you like the size but hate the fact that it got no keyboard, just get a MacAir or MacBook. I would also suggest you wait until OSX Lion, coming out this summer, since Apple is really pushing their App Store to the laptop and desktop area.
---------- ADS -----------

moocow
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Guidence please

Post by moocow »

IMO, iPad is a media consumption device and that's it. It lets you look at clips, browse some website (as long as it doesn't use Flash), and figure out where you are using a GPS (depend on which model you got). It appears that most of their small Mac laptop suffer from overheating issues. Just Google MacBook Air & overheating. Frankly, it scares me that it may overheat just watching any video streaming. I guess that's the trade off between proper heat management and looking pretty.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”