Free Web Hosting

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DaveC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Free Web Hosting

Post by DaveC »

Joe ('AvCanada') has granted me permission to post this for you all..

Essentially, I operate a small business that deals in web hosting, web design, network solutions and tech consulting. I do it on the side so that when I leave my full-time job in IT (well paying salary) to work as a pilot I will have a way to support myself through the rough.

I have excessive amounts of space and storage on my server so I have been giving free web hosting to a select group. I'd like to extend this offer to my pilot comrades. If I can save my fellow pilot some money, I'd love to so do. Whether it be a personal blog, a place to keep your pictures you've accumulated while flying, a flight school or charter website, I'd be happy to accommodate.

I've been in this business since 2007 so you don't need to worry about your stuff going AWOL over night.

Here is what you get:

500 MB of Disk Space
10000 MB of Monthly Bandwidth
cPanel + Fantastico
5 FTP Accounts
5 Sub Domains (example.yourdomain.com)
5 Email Accounts (example@yourdomain.com)
5 MySQL Databases
5 Addon Domains (Host multiple domain names on your hosting account)
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL Enabled!
File Manager & Website Editor (Over 50 Free Professional Templates)

No need for link backs, no forced ads, no bull %(*@ essentially.

If your interested, feel free to PM me or post here. Questions/Concerns/Comments can be posted as well.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

Indanao
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Free Web Hosting

Post by Indanao »

Good day, DaveC. That is a great Offer your putting forth and I'm sure appreciated by many. One of my pages is just Hosted by Telus, e.g.: http://www3.telus.net/ , and the Search Engines won't seem to accept that. ( Yes I know, Key Words etc, but still they don't seem to like the www3. thingy. ) So, correct me if I am wrong, I buy a domain name and then contact you regarding the possibility of Hosting? Would that be the procedure?

Thankyou for your advise.

DaveC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DaveC »

Indanao wrote:Good day, DaveC. That is a great Offer your putting forth and I'm sure appreciated by many. One of my pages is just Hosted by Telus, e.g.: http://www3.telus.net/ , and the Search Engines won't seem to accept that. ( Yes I know, Key Words etc, but still they don't seem to like the www3. thingy. ) So, correct me if I am wrong, I buy a domain name and then contact you regarding the possibility of Hosting? Would that be the procedure?

Thankyou for your advise.
Not sure how the Telus people have their webservers setup - it could be a .htaccess thing.

You are correct, you can buy a name and I can host it. When you buy a name you just have to change the DNS (nameservers) to point to my webserver. You can also purchase the domain through my site ($0 markup, its exact cost), it automatically sets the DNS for you.

Indanao
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Indanao »

Thanks DaveC, will be in touch. I gotta ask the wife what she wants to call it, when she gets home.

DaveC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DaveC »

No problem.

Heading up to CNW3 for the weekend. I'll be back on Sunday. Cheers all.

Ecco
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ecco »

Humm..to finance some of my hours that i tried to get build up, i was thinking about selling some very good nudity...Do you think i can be a good fit in to your gig ?

no no ,, i'm dead serious..theres a market there, just think about all the pilots away from home starving for a good 5 min of soft P..

No gay stuff tho !

Your advises please.

DaveC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DaveC »

Ecco wrote:Humm..to finance some of my hours that i tried to get build up, i was thinking about selling some very good nudity...Do you think i can be a good fit in to your gig ?

no no ,, i'm dead serious..theres a market there, just think about all the pilots away from home starving for a good 5 min of soft P..

No gay stuff tho !

Your advises please.
If you look anything like Mr. Nicholson you should have no problem.

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”