Snow Leopard vs. Lion

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dash8dave
Rank 2
Rank 2

Snow Leopard vs. Lion

Post by dash8dave »

Merry Christmas all. I do hope hope that is has been a good one for you. For the Mac users here; my family agreed to buy the Logten Pro pilot software for my computer. The trouble is now that v6 has been released it is only for Lion OS. I can't even download it on my SL 6.8.2 OS.

My question is, "Is the upgrade worth the $30.00 and the hassle of installing the software"? Logten is on for 1/2 price until the end of the year so I have a couple of days to try and figure things out.

I have looked at other versions of electronic logbooks but I keep coming back to this one. It seems this is the only one written for Mac. I am running Parallels but the Windows versions don't seem to as well put together.

I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks.

David
---------- ADS -----------

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein
200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Snow Leopard vs. Lion

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Yes yes a million times YES.

First off Snow Leopard to Lion upgrade... put the DVD, click upgrade, make coffee, come back and it is done. It is as they say, just that easy.

Logten is far and away the best Logbook software made period. Easy to use, make a great finished logbook if you want to print it and all in all is amazing.

Now with that said I run V5 and will not be upgrading to V6 because they not only want $149 for the Mac Version but $49 for the iPhone and $79 for the iPad so if you have all the devices like I do that is $277! Half off till the end of the year makes it $138.50, not *that* bad of a price but still the new features are not wroth the upgrade. What I have works just fine. No upgrade for me. And no upgrade discount for previous users!

So if you have no previous LogTen versions go for it. If you have a previous version DO NOT UPGRADE there is no killer features worth it. Now if they offered me an upgrade for $50/for all my devices I would consider it.

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
dash8dave
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Snow Leopard vs. Lion

Post by dash8dave »

Thanks for the information 200. I do a my home based business on my Laptop and to lose the information now just to get a logbook would just about be the end of that. BTW I do back up using Time Machine. All that being said I have read MANY negative reviews on both the install and operating the system afterwards. Programs that won't work; patches to add to make things work, that type of thing. Those reviews are right on Apple's website.

I can pick up Lion, Logten Pro and the iPhone app all for under the asking price of the Logten usual price, so I have an appointment with my One on One expert tomorrow morning to do the Lion upgrade. Like I said earlier I NEED everything to work and the reason I bought the Apple was for simplicity. Wish me luck as I go and do the upgrade tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out.

Happy New Year.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”