No roaming on my sim/cell phone

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

No roaming on my sim/cell phone

Post by digits_ »

Hi all,

I bought a SpeakOut sim card with a Canadian phone number while I was travelling in Canada last month. I am now in Belgium/Europe, and was hoping to be able to use this sim card to receive calls from possible future employers etc. However, apparently, SpeakOut doesn't support roaming, so my sim is a bit useless now.

So hence my question: is there any way to transfer my phone number to a canadian company that does support roaming, while I am in Belgium ? My phone itself is unlocked and works in both countries, the problem is with the sim card/network itself.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Digits
---------- ADS -----------

slam525i
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: No roaming on my sim/cell phone

Post by slam525i »

You could call another Canadian carrier and port your number to the new company. You'll need your account number and information from your Speakout account. This will be a permanent change though, and you'll lose any remaining airtime on your Speakout account.

I thought of call forwarding to a local number, but it doesn't appear Speakout supports call forwarding based on their website. Still, you can call them and see if they can offer it.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”