Beech 18 on floats.

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Beech 18 on floats.

#76 Post by Cat Driver » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:33 am

Did I get that right Chuck?
Exactly......

What we are doing is quite simple......my friend who I grew up with is a businessman who wants to build a very high class corporate retreat because that is his dream in retirement, he has brought me into the company as a partner who he trusts.

The last thing on planet earth he would do is get involved in owning a commercial aircraft business because the return for the effort is not worth it in his opinion.

Randy is training him and his daughter and son to be sea plane pilots and Bob likes Randy.....so it follows that we will use Randy's Beech when we have need for it.

The bulk of our charter work will be out of Vancouver using Turbine aircraft....mostly Heli Jet when they are available.

I am not really wired for the internet and almost always end up in petty squabbles with internet shadows who in the grand scheme of things are just that imitation people on the internet.

When I get to the point where I think I need to justify my opinion I get into my background which of course makes me look like a know it all asshole and self important egotist.

Conversely why should I be ashamed of having had a very successful career where I worked for some of the biggest business in the world?

Anyhow you nailed it bmc. :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

#77 Post by bmc » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Cat Driver wrote:
Did I get that right Chuck?
Exactly......

What we are doing is quite simple......my friend who I grew up with is a businessman who wants to build a very high class corporate retreat because that is his dream in retirement, he has brought me into the company as a partner who he trusts.

The last thing on planet earth he would do is get involved in owning a commercial aircraft business because the return for the effort is not worth it in his opinion.

Randy is training him and his daughter and son to be sea plane pilots and Bob likes Randy.....so it follows that we will use Randy's Beech when we have need for it.

The bulk of our charter work will be out of Vancouver using Turbine aircraft....mostly Heli Jet when they are available.

I am not really wired for the internet and almost always end up in petty squabbles with internet shadows who in the grand scheme of things are just that imitation people on the internet.

When I get to the point where I think I need to justify my opinion I get into my background which of course makes me look like a know it all asshole and self important egotist.

Conversely why should I be ashamed of having had a very successful career where I worked for some of the biggest business in the world?

Anyhow you nailed it bmc. :mrgreen:

Chuck...have a great 2015. We've both known Randy for a long time. He's a smart guy. Just got a message from him a few minutes ago. I hope to be out on the island in the spring once the chemo is done. I have get to Nanaimo and break bread with you two. It's been too long.

Keep the blue side up.

Brian
bmc

doan_1
Rank 1
Rank 1

#78 Post by doan_1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 pm

As an island flier, I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that bread breaking between giants BMC. Just saying. And I for one would definitely take the B18's classic class and appeal. Especially cause its also the frugally responsible choice. But then again I'm just a 34 year old with 193 hours, so I'm sure my opinion is worth 0.0000001 of a vote :prayer:

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”