Fly in lake in Ontario??

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Waterdog20
Rank 0
Rank 0

Fly in lake in Ontario??

Post by Waterdog20 »

I'm looking for a private, secluded lake to fly into in Ontario (south of Timmins). I'd prefer crown land and a beach or sandy bottom to pull the Husky up onto and camp. Any suggestions? I've been looking in the Temagami/ Sudbury area so far and all the spots I've found are in a park.
---------- ADS -----------

Leightonzook
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Fly in lake in Ontario??

Post by Leightonzook »

I go on Ontario crown land maps and look for a sheltered area on a lake where I can park the plane. Your first time into a lake take lots of rope as you might have to tie it off shore or in a small inlet and have to go a long way to trees. There are lots of small lakes where no one is but I find if there is good fishing some one else has found it first. When you find a lake you like you can take a small boat in by sled in the winter. I checked with the MNR before I did it and there is some regulations you will want to follow. My family and I enjoy the quiet of these inland lakes but some people don't like you being there. I made a fire pit of pilled stone and when I went back this week someone had knocked it over so remember it's crown land and it's not yours or mine but all of ours to enjoy.
---------- ADS -----------

Just because you can't fly it straight dosn't mean it's the planes fault

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”