Lac Seul Airways

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

headinthesky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Lac Seul Airways

Post by headinthesky »

I'm a 250hr commercial pilot. I recently applied for a dockhand position with Lac Seul Airways. Is there anything i should know about the company? They say 95% of their dockhands fly the year after with an operator in the area. Is this true or should I just go do a 50 float plane course and apply elsewhere for a flying position for the summer?
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Lac Seul Airways

Post by Rowdy »

I'm sure you'll be able to find another operator that WILL have you flying a bit THIS season..

headinthesky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by headinthesky »

Is there any operators you would recommend? I have sent out numerous emails to operators. I have no issue with relocating or working a job 50/50 between the dock and flying. All I want to do is start to use my CPL.

C-FDPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-FDPB »

check PM's

noon_crue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by noon_crue »

headinthesky wrote:I'm a 250hr commercial pilot. I recently applied for a dockhand position with Lac Seul Airways. Is there anything i should know about the company? They say 95% of their dockhands fly the year after with an operator in the area. Is this true or should I just go do a 50 float plane course and apply elsewhere for a flying position for the summer?
There is already another thread started about this posting. Ill say it again all 3 of us from last season have 180/185 jobs this coming season with different operators here in Red Lake, and the guys from previous seasons are all flying for the most part. The time you will spend working with John in the bush is 10 fold more valuable then any 50 hour course you could take, and it wont cost you an arm and leg! You will get a right seat time on the Otter...But you aren't able to log it. You will work your butt off, but have a great time as well! And meet a ton of great people up here too. Almost all the pilots hangout all summer long in varying degrees. If you are a hard worker and stick out the entire season, there is a very high chance of getting hired on by another operator just on John and Rena's word.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Or, you know... try to find a flying job now. Just a thought as they do exist after all.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I'll second A's comment. John and Rena may be wonderful people, but you're gonna work your ass off for simply a recommend. Why do that when someone else is going to GET a dock job that will actually lead to a flying spot this season or better yet, an actual flying spot! They are out there.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”