Guidance about bush flying career

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

The Rock
Rank 0
Rank 0

Guidance about bush flying career

Post by The Rock »

Hi guys,
I know this have been covered here before but I wanted some information as my scenario is a little different.
I have a little over 260hrs and a commercial license. I did my flying training back in 2008 but due to various personal reasons couldn't continue with my dream. I have been working as a project manager for all these years but now I want to get back to what I want to do.. I did get my License and medical up to date and also flew a few hours down here in Toronto. I am thinking about doing a float rating and go up north to try and find a bush flying job as that is something I always wanted to. I know what you want and what is out there is always different but I am going to try my best this time. I don't mind going anywhere and doing any job. I have a lot of experience living in small towns not only in Canada but also in some developing countries during my job as a project manager.
I need some guidance as to how I should go about doing my float rating and how to go abaout my job search. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

The Real Scudrunner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Guidance about bush flying career

Post by The Real Scudrunner »

No matter how you get your float rating get it asap, the ice should be out if it isn't already on the lakes in "Northern Ontario". Start shotgunning resumes to all the operators you can google up in Lake ABC or Fort XYZ etc. Hit the road and shake hands, hang around and talk to anyone willing to listen.

I have never seen a better pilot job market in my 17 year career.
---------- ADS -----------

My Forums Better

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”