We need an Amphib close to Calgary

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

craigsomers
Rank 0
Rank 0

We need an Amphib close to Calgary

Post by craigsomers »

Hi,
I hope someone can help us out or point us in the right direction.
We are looking for someone with an Amphib plane close to Calgary. We are looking to fly to Fortress lake Just inside the BC border.
Please let me know!!
thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: We need an Amphib close to Calgary

Post by Bede »

I'm not sure if there are any commercial operators with Amphibs in the Calgary area.

Anyone flying you (assuming they want money) will need a commercial operating certificate. Flying for "hire or reward" without an OC is a $50k fine, so not too many people are going to risk that.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

craigsomers wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 pm Hi,
I hope someone can help us out or point us in the right direction.
We are looking for someone with an Amphib plane close to Calgary. We are looking to fly to Fortress lake Just inside the BC border.
Please let me know!!
thanks in advance
They must have moved on from beer to wine.

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

McMurray aviation has an amphib van I think.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
Hornblower
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Hornblower »

Hi Craig,

My buddy has a Cessna 206 amphib near Calgary. The aircraft can carry 3 pax with some considerable fuel and light baggage.

The aircraft is much nicer and in better condition that anything you would find from a commercial operator, and the pilot(s) more experienced than any likely hired by a commercial operator to fly anything similar.

PM me and maybe we can work something out. Cost would be very reasonable

HB

Last edited by Hornblower on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

I think he means that his buddy could be going to the same place you are and that you can pitch in for gas to tag along. :wink:

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Hornblower wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 am Hi Craig,

My buddy has a Cessna 206 amphib near Calgary. The aircraft can carry 3 pax with some considerable fuel and light baggage.

The aircraft is much nicer and in better condition that anything you would find from a commercial operator, and the pilot(s) more experienced than any likely hired by a commercial operator to fly anything similar.

HB
Nice way to set your buddy up. What a stupid post. You know that TC hangs out on this site, right?

This is completely illegal and your buddy could be liable for a huge fine, regardless of how nice his 206 is and how experienced he is. Let's say I'm a TC inspector. I send you a PM saying that I'm interested in a charter. You give me your buddy's name. I call him and set something up. I show up with a camera documenting cash changing hands. Next thing your buddy is on the hook for a $50k fine.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

Bede wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:24 pm
Hornblower wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 am Hi Craig,

HB
Nice way to set your buddy up. What a stupid post. You know that TC hangs out on this site, right?

This is completely illegal and your buddy could be liable for a huge fine, regardless of how nice his 206 is and how experienced he is. Let's say I'm a TC inspector. I send you a PM saying that I'm interested in a charter. You give me your buddy's name. I call him and set something up. I show up with a camera documenting cash changing hands. Next thing your buddy is on the hook for a $50k fine.

LOL

Hornblower
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Hornblower »

Bede wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:24 pm This is completely illegal and your buddy could be liable for a huge fine, regardless of how nice his 206 is and how experienced he is. Let's say I'm a TC inspector. I send you a PM saying that I'm interested in a charter. You give me your buddy's name. I call him and set something up. I show up with a camera documenting cash changing hands. Next thing your buddy is on the hook for a $50k fine.
I'll be sure I don't respond to your PM then ... not my first rodeo.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

Lol bede you make TC sound like the boogy man that is watching your every move. Not as simple as watching cash trading hands they would also have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the cash was going beyond the operating expenses of the airplane.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

piperdriver wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:06 am Lol bede you make TC sound like the boogy man that is watching your every move. Not as simple as watching cash trading hands they would also have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the cash was going beyond the operating expenses of the airplane.
See this is where you demonstrate that you don't know what you're talking about. The standard of proof for TATC isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt, it's a balance of probabilities. That's a world of difference. Also, you can only take your share of the operating costs if the pax are incidental to the flight.

Anyways, good luck with your chisel charter operation gents.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Take a helicopter.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”