Alberta Backcountry Pilots

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

INVERTEDAV8R
Rank 1
Rank 1

Alberta Backcountry Pilots

Post by INVERTEDAV8R »

I’m looking to meet up with some experienced backcountry pilots to learn and perhaps do some flying together.
A little about me, I’m in my late 30’s and I currently fly turbo-props for a living. I have a few years experience flying off unimproved airports with single engine Cessnas, gravel, grass, ice, sand bars etc...
I recently purchased a NorthStar, which is basically a Super Cub. Now I’m looking to head out to some more adventurous spots in western Canada (more adventurous than the ram falls stuff). I would like to meet someone that would be willing to show me the backcountry or that could offer some info on where I could get started.
Email me if your willing to meet for a coffee or just want to swap stories online. I’ll be based at CGB2 starting in June.
amw4000@hotmail.com
Cheers,
Adrian
---------- ADS -----------

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Alberta Backcountry Pilots

Post by matthew.oommen »

If you are willing to go down to the US, Idaho and Oregon have some unreal spots to fly around.
But as for AB, the winter, Lac La Biche (northern Alberta) has an ice fly in which is really fun to go do circuits on a frozen lake.

I’ve heard great things about a few strips south east of anchorage, but never been there myself. But you might have to go way up north to find some middle of nowhere marsh lands / sand bars to try and drop your plane on.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”