Offstrip Spots in Southern AB/BC

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

RocksAndProps
Rank 1
Rank 1

Offstrip Spots in Southern AB/BC

Post by RocksAndProps »

I'm wondering about buying a small plane with big tires, but I wouldn't know where to take it.

Does anyone have suggestions on spots in Southern Alberta or Southeast BC I could head for a weekend of plane-camping?

The other plan is to head up to the Yukon/NWT and have some fun, but that in itself isn't enough to warrant getting bush tires.
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Offstrip Spots in Southern AB/BC

Post by ahramin »

Frankly you're right next to Idaho and the best backcountry flying/camping in the world.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Not exactly Southern Alberta, but not too far away.

Wolf Lake

Ram Falls

Both these places are scenic, with Ram Falls being along the Forestry Trunk Road with a campsite right there. And great hiking.

Not real short strips and tricycle geared aircraft can make it but tailwheel is certainly more suitable.

And a hearty seconder to the suggestion of Idaho. Very active community and lots of government support so many strips are excellent. Idaho Stirps

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”