Will it be a busy fishing season?

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

185_guy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Will it be a busy fishing season?

Post by 185_guy »

Last year was a farily slow summer for me in NWO. With a bad exchange rate, mad cow, i think some operators had a hard season.
Does anyone know how camps are doing at US sportshows, and what the forcast for american tourists is for this summer?
---------- ADS -----------

flight27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flight27 »

talkled to some guys just back from Harrisburg. Not looking good. bookings seem to be slowing down but that doesn't always mean anything.

Low and Fast. That's all it takes
phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

Things going very good where I work. Up a bunch from last year. With a strong moose hunt it should be a 450 to 500 hour season. Which is fine by me. The more I fly, the less I paint and pound nails.

zero
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by zero »

Okay guys, time to put your money where your mouth is...resumes are starting to go out and I'm looking for some good leads. Towns, operators, people to contact for openings with good companies where one can cut his teeth and have a future with.

Heading out your way come April with 600tt and 150 on floats and not coming home until I've got a season in the bush under my belt.

Any help would be appreciated.

snapped
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by snapped »

Watch out here comes zero :lol: :wink:

where's the snacks?
flight27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flight27 »

Good luck there is alot of people looking for work. A guy I know sent out 50resumes with no job yet. His got 1200hrs and 800hrs float. It;s a tough go. :shock:

Low and Fast. That's all it takes
185_guy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by 185_guy »

i know its tough to get a job, but there seems to be some out there if ya got over 1000TT. Getting it is tough though. I sent out about 30 resumes, and have gotten 4 phone calls for interviews, i dident even have to follow up on any of them. Luck maybe??! ( i have 1200TT, 900 floats)

Zero, if i were you, i'd call everyone, mail everyone. You'll find something. If i had a lead for you, i'd tell you!

im sure i remember you stopping into Savant last spring, at the begining of April?

zero
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by zero »

Sorry pal, wasn't me...I was out in that direction in March last spring.

See ya in April.

It's the Pitts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bush Flying

Post by It's the Pitts »

What you guys are saying is that it's tough?

I didn't notice, You guys have some time under your belts. All that I have is the 225 hrs wonder story that you hear about. I'm willing to go anywhere at any time. I want to fy in the bush, if you can call it that anymore? It seems to be moving to the light twins, what about the Otter, Beaver, C185's. I know that people operate them still, but companies need to give guys a chance. Who has 1500 hrs to fly a 185, yah right.

Comments?

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”