Norseman CF-BSC

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Trevor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Norseman CF-BSC

Post by Trevor »

I'm looking for a good photo of Norseman CF-BSC on display during EXPO '86. I'm working on a magazine article and need photos sourced from the original photographer, photos from other websites won't work.

Thanks,
---------- ADS -----------

Clear skies and calm winds...

Trevor
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by longjon »

What a coincidence.

I just saw a saw a photo of that machine in the past 2 or 3 days while looking through some of my old pictures. Ill look for it and see if its good to send

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Get hold of Larry Milberry at CanAv Books. When he wrote The Austin Airways Story he had access to Jimmy Bell's, Jack Austin's and Rusty Blakey's pictures of BSC.

we.are.spitfire
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Norseman CF-BSC

Post by we.are.spitfire »

Trevor wrote:I'm looking for a good photo of Norseman CF-BSC on display during EXPO '86. I'm working on a magazine article and need photos sourced from the original photographer, photos from other websites won't work.

Thanks,
Hi Trevor.

I was one of the fortunate ones to help in the restoration of BSC at the Canadian Museum of Flight back in the early 80's and almost saw it through to the end. (I ended up taking on a Mk V Anson project that is now on display at the Reynolds Museum outside of Edmonton.) I have quite a few photos of the restoration and a few of BSC on display at Expo. I'll have to dig through my photo albums and see what I can come up with.

Yours truly. Doug Sanderman, Spitfire Aircraft Maintenance, Debert, Nova Scotia

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”