Destination Air in Thailand goes bust....

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

floatman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Destination Air in Thailand goes bust....

Post by floatman »

Sorry to hear for the people who have worked hard for them and aren't going to get paid.

Ownership and upper management should be ashamed of the brutal treatment they have doled out.

Hopefully they get what they gave in spades.
---------- ADS -----------

Don't Let the Same Dog Bite You Twice - . Berry
Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Destination Air in Thailand goes bust....

Post by Just another canuck »

This doesn't come as a surprise.

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mr. North »

A real shame... But from what I heard, the writing was on the wall for some time!

cloudrunner
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cloudrunner »

When you have an owner who insists on controlling every aspect of a business from another city with no practical knowledge of what is needed, but certain he is an expert, you are doomed.
These guys directed everything from flight schedules to uniforms to marketing to landing sites and websites. They took the credit for any of our success but turned their backs and claimed to be "investors" when things turned out other the the way they planned. They seriously expected us to be self sufficient and free from their funding after being in business for only months as their business model had us flying thousands of pax per month starting in the first high season. This didn't happen and within months when pushed to to know if we were going to get paid, the response from the owner was "I'm not an ATM here", a first class asshole.
There is huge potential for a profitable business out of Phuket and the flying their is outstanding. Even after a thousand hours of pulling up to white sandy beaches and being greeted with cold juice and towels by scantily clad Thai girls, it didn't get boring for some reason :smt102
Thousands of people spend hours and hours on dodgy boats and even dodgier mini vans driven by the dodgiest of characters to go to places that take mere minutes by seaplane.
Aside from the present disaster that is Thai political system, the place is home to great opportunity for someone with a solid plan, a healthy dose of patience and a good supply of cash.
Not sure what the future holds for the staff their but I wish them all the best. Gerry came in ready to give it a good go but has been cut off at the ankles it seems.
I would imagine a restructuring is going to take place and the outcome is anybody's guess. I would however caution anyone thinking of getting involved with the next incarnation of this company do your homework. Gary M, Jake V and Pat J's involvement are 3 good reasons to turn and run as it is going to be a shit show from the word go.

KAFUFO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by KAFUFO »

Do you remeber me telling you this from the time you started posting. I belive your words were I don't know what the @#$! I was talking about. we've all been there before. take two weeks get a thai massage daily (fivev dollar happy ending optinol) and make money else wear. might not be thailand, but hey you only get the HIV once, so suck it up soldier be ready for your next contract. worst case secnario you end up in afganistan doing the shit the military deems too dangerous

Good Luck

cloudrunner
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cloudrunner »

You never knew what the @#$! you were talking about. Just as you don't now.
You were confusing Destination Air with Blue Water Air which were 100% different companies, aircraft, staff and operating permissions.This was a brand new incarnation with a lot of loyal and professional individuals who left for various reasons over the course of 2 years. Management was without a doubt the biggest hurdle to success including anything that the local DCA threw at us.

And thanks for the advice there superstar.... I've been at another full time gig for 6 months making plenty.

Good luck with your HIV and your five dollar hand jobs, I'm happily married.

dieyoung2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dieyoung2 »

Five dollar hand jobs is that with tax or not! any address and location?
Do you have to be a pilot to recieve this rate.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

dieyoung2 wrote:address and location?
The address is any bar and the location is pretty much anywhere in Asia.

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
wannabatp
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wannabatp »

dieyoung2 wrote:Five dollar hand jobs is that with tax or not! any address and location?
Do you have to be a pilot to recieve this rate.
If you gotta ask, you can't afford it.

Or are looking you for a job in the Thai tourist industry?

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Meh... I would say go to Vietnam or Indo anyway... both cheaper and the girls aren't as "business" smart yet. I would say I enjoyed my time in Saigon and Jakarta more so than BKK. Or you can just go to Orchard Towers in Sing and get everything from India to Japan... just not for 5 bucks. Expensive f'n place that Singapore is... and yet it's surrounded by cheap fun. Still doesn't stop the rich bastards from paying these girls up to 5 g's for the weekend... funny thing is the old rich men think the girls are actually girls... lol

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

It all went downhill after they closed Boogie street :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dieyoung2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dieyoung2 »

[
If you gotta ask, you can't afford it.

Or are looking you for a job in the Thai tourist industry?[/quote]

From the only girlie-boy pilot in Canada you should know how you made it in the Thai tourist industry. But you be over priced at the five bucks :lol:
But maybe you still have a chance in Thailand if you go soon.
Good luck on it. :smt040

floatman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by floatman »

Kinda demonstrates the maturity level of some posters here when a topic about people losing their jobs and their salaries turns into a discussion about where to get a hand job. Classy as ever boys.

Don't Let the Same Dog Bite You Twice - . Berry
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Saw this posted today if anyone is interested:

http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/c2 ... 299429.htm

bmc
wannabatp
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wannabatp »

floatman wrote:Kinda demonstrates the maturity level of some posters here when a topic about people losing their jobs and their salaries turns into a discussion about where to get a hand job. Classy as ever boys.
You're right.

Good luck to all involved.

Cheers!

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

:smt010 People need sexual gratification as well as jobs. Good luck to all on achieving both. :mrgreen:

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”