Photography Questions and Tips

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Photography Questions and Tips

Post by Rowdy »

I think a lot of the members that were active in photography have moved away from the board in the past year or so as the attitude and balance of the place has changed so drastically. I for one am reluctant to post these days for just those reasons myself.

That and I haven't been snapping the shutter much this year! :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Yep. I've got no time or discretionary funds it seems since I got a plane to work on.

I did pick up Aperture though.... never really did any post processing before... what do you guys think? :rolleyes:

On similar note... if you like black and whites, make sure you shoot in colour so then you can apply filter effects to certain colours to lighten or darken them. Maybe it is different in different programs or cameras, but anything I set Picture Control to B&W on my Nikon DSLR won't change with Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, or Blue filters.

This is a shot of Craigdarroch Castle on a nice sunny fall day... but it looks pretty sinister with a red filter effect.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

iflyforpie wrote: On similar note... if you like black and whites, make sure you shoot in colour so then you can apply filter effects to certain colours to lighten or darken them.
:shock:

You're a bad person.

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Just might be looking to unload my gear.. simply not shooting at all these days. :|

Leo G
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Leo G »

I’m using a Nikon D7100, mostly with a 50mm 1.8. When I bought it I didn't know it was not a professional camera, though for me, as I am a beginner, that is enough...Getting more and more into it! Now searching for the information and reading forums on photography. My new hobby :P

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”