A perfect example of what I was talking about. no aircraft type, no location, and no mention of compensation.
not super crazy about the shift either. you are going to spend 2 of those 6 days off catching up on sleep.
Post by Sunwest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am
Sunwest Aviation Job Availability
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
8 on 6 off; 2 shifts of days (0700-1730) and 2 shifts of nights (1630-0300)
Sunwest Aviation has an opportunity available for a Licensed AME within our Maintenance department. This position reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for providing sound maintenance to Sunwest’s aircraft fleet.
• Be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements and practice safe work habits
• Inspect and test aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order
• Diagnose malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
• Disassemble aircraft systems and remove defective components
• Assemble and/or install replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
• Record problems and the action taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft
• Other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies.
• Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Transport Canada AME License category M1 (mandatory) M2 (an asset)
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics
• Have a good understanding of CAR’s
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags
• Good communication skills required, both verbal and written
Please submit your confidential application and resume to www.sunwestaviation.ca
by August 31, 2019.