AVCANADA

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

I am looking at either getting an EASA maintenance licence or if possible converting my TCCA M1/M2. any feed back or help on this subject is greatly appreciated. Is this even possible? I know if I want my FAA A&P i have to be "endorsed" by an American company.

I have ten years licensed experience and am endorsed with multiple factory helicopter types. I'm just wanting to open a few opportunity avenues.

Any feedback is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:01 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

I know that BCIT used to offer the exams but i heard they don't anymore. It's worth looking into though. I also heard that the Coĺlege of the North Atlantic was also doing it...but again it's just word of mouth. Give them a call and find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

removed

Last edited by Troubleshot on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:49 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

There's something stuck on your mouse...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:45 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

removed

Last edited by Troubleshot on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

Wow...brilliant!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanks for the intelligent conversation and help.
Swede

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:28 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Quick update on this topic.

As of 2016 Montreal (ÉCOLE NATIONALE D'AÉROTECHNIQUE (ÉNA) [url]ena.cegepmontpetit.ca[/url]) is the only school in Canada that provides EASA part 66 exams. They are affiliated with Belgium. You can take CAA exams in Orlando, Florida at Microtech (?).

The ENA in Montreal provides some study material but NO PRACTICE exams. While through the CAA you get nothing. However, it appears that http://club66pro.com/ offers very good study material as well as practice exams. I sat a set of exams in October 2016 at ENA and am going to Florida in Feb 2017 for my first exam with the CAA. So I will have a better understanding of the exam process there in the near future.

The whole process is very confusing and there doesn't seem to be any good information out there as of now, other than learning as I go.... which costs a pretty penny.

If anyone wants any info I may be able to help out. Send me a PM.

Cheers
Swede

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:13 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

I have a M1.M2 a 737NG endorsement and I am approved for the FAA A&P exams

What would be considered the benefits I have pondered this for some time I would like to get it but at this time do not know if I can justify the expenses to get it. any thoughts?

time off work taking the exams written oral and practical adds up.

when I was young I wanted to get all I could now I'm old and crusty I need to justify my spending

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:39 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

cman wrote:
I have a M1.M2 a 737NG endorsement and I am approved for the FAA A&P exams

What would be considered the benefits I have pondered this for some time I would like to get it but at this time do not know if I can justify the expenses to get it. any thoughts?

time off work taking the exams written oral and practical adds up.

when I was young I wanted to get all I could now I'm old and crusty I need to justify my spending

It is relatively easy to get your A&P license. The time off and expensive isn't that much. Im M1, M2 and several endorsements. I study for 3 months in my spare time at home drove down to Montana with my school deploma my AME license and copy of resume to show years of experience. Took to local FAA inspector in the morning to get approved to challenge exams by afternoon had written 1 of 3 online exams back the next day to do final 2 in the morning. afternoon was practical and oral exam. The drive from Calgary to Montana and back including exams was 4 days. All total with exams, hotel, food and gas cost less then a grand.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Was there any requirement to have a "need" for your A&P? I have heard rumour in the past that the FAA wont issue an A&P with out endorsement from an american company.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:08 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

I recently wrote my module 2 (physics) exam in Orlando Florida. This is (as far as I've found) the only other location in North America, other than Montreal, to write the EASA part 66 exams. Orlando exams are CAA (UK) affiliated. They DO NOT provide any study material. I did re-enroll for the club66pro, that I mentioned on an earlier post.
The exam had many questions that were, word-for-word the same as club66 practice exams. and if you enroll in the study material as well as practice exams you will be very prepared. The down side with Orlando is that they only have one day sittings for the maintenance exams, every two months. So, if you are coming from western Canada it is a bit of an expensive venture.
Neither the Belgian(Montreal) or the CAA(Orlando) recognize Canadian experience towards their licences. So you are looking at 5 years experience needed.
I hope this helps anyone looking at going down this road.
Also, I don't know if I mentioned this in a previous post, all of your endorsements are probably garbage. Even if they have an EASA training number on them, you need to be licenced with in three years of taking your type training.
Cheers
Swede