ram stc

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

oldncold
Rank 8
Rank 8

ram stc

#1 Post by oldncold » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:34 pm

hello airworthiness regs guru's >been waiting for a couple of days to get a question answered from t.c

private aircraft

ram engine near tbo and ram has stc so a progressive type overhaul is no option as would lose 300 lbs exsisting gross wt increase with factory eng in spite of can $ on exchange they can turn around and install in 14days if go to texas > ? question is as stc holder do they have the authority to sign off the airworthines once the engine change is done so that bring home with no issues re tech logs or must i have canadain ame sign off :?: even though they are not very expereinced in the engine setup and fuel system for this engine > thx
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: ram stc

#2 Post by rigpiggy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:38 pm

continental allows you to go past tbo if you scope the cylinders, saw an article in AOPA. might be worth looking at. is 50k worth it for 300#, your call I guess

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Part of the "me, me, me" crowd, and loving every second of it.

#3 Post by photofly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Per 625 Appendix C:

"No hard time, including calendar time, between overhauls need be observed in the case of small aircraft reciprocating engines in non-commercial private operation."

What aircraft/engine is it?
Control the horizon, control the airplane

Badfarmer
Rank 1
Rank 1

#4 Post by Badfarmer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:46 pm

photofly wrote:Per 625 Appendix C:

"No hard time, including calendar time, between overhauls need be observed in the case of small aircraft reciprocating engines in non-commercial private operation."
Depends on what type of maintenance schedule you are using.
If you are an air operator - this is a bad place to get advice, visit your AMO.
If you are a private owner - see quote above. Only an AME is allowed to sign off a maintenance release in regards to an 'Annual' inspection. Any FAA repair station can do appropriate work.

Return to “Maintenance”