Avionic training on line acceptable to TC

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

humman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Avionic training on line acceptable to TC

Post by humman »

Hi Friends,
I am new to CANADA and have more than 20 years aviation experience in avionics. Now i want to write TC AME E exams. I am facing problem for 1000 hours class room training .plz help me is there any on line course which is acceptable to TC.I came to know there is ICS course but that is for M rating .
THANKS
---------- ADS -----------

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Avionic training on line acceptable to TC

Post by conehead »

There is no distance learning or on-line training available that will satisfy the Transport Canada requirements for Avionics training. Sorry, you will need to aquire that training by attending an approved school in real-time.

Hornblower
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Hornblower »

The M licence will give you avionics privileges, but unfortunatly you would have to do the rest of the apprenticeship for the M licence.

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Welcome to Canada.

Online training for M lic only.

Unless you come from a country with which Canada has reciprocity agreements regarding lic.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

I can't say for sure but I think that the ICS course may be acceptable for the 1000 hours for the E. Even though it's technically a mechanics course I seem to remember one Wayne Juniper, a retired TC Inspector, saying that a few years ago...as long as you accomplish all of the E tasks and have at least 4 years as an E technician.

Think about it...if you can have E priviliges with an M ICS course, 4 years M technician and M and E tasks accomplished, (ie. M2 license) why shouldn't they accept it?

On the TCCA ATO list it doesn't specify E or M for ICS...just basic training only.

Not sure I actually agree with it and I could be wrong but it's worth the inquiry at TCCA. Rules are rules...

the_swede
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by the_swede »

The only way to have "E" privileges with an "M" license is to have an M1/M2 combined and depending on your inspector this isn't an easy process. Yes, this grants you Avionics(E) and Structures(S) privileges, if approved by your AMO. It is up to the individual AMO to grant these rights. I can't see many companies granting you Avionics privileges when you walk through the door, without good documentation of your experience.
-Swede

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

:supz:

now that's what I'm talk'n about swede...well said.

the_swede
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by the_swede »

Sorry I was a little rushed yesterday in my response and was running by memory. Here is the references:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/r ... tm#566s_03
566.03 Issuance and Endorsement of an AME Licence
(8) Ratings
(a) The scope of maintenance release privileges is indicated by rating designators entered on the licence, as follows:
(i) M1: Non-turbojet aircraft approved to Chapter CAR 522, 523, 523-VLA, 527, and 549 of the Airworthiness Manual and equivalent standards (includes all airframe, engines, propellers, components, structures, and systems of those aircraft), and the aircraft listed in paragraph 566.03(8)(b);
(amended 2009/12/01)
(ii) M2: All aircraft not included in M1 (excluding balloons) (includes all airframes, engines, propellers, components, structures, and systems of those aircraft), and the aircraft listed in paragraph 566.03(8)(b).
(amended 2003/09/01; ).
(iii) E: Aircraft electronic systems. (includes communication, pulse, navigation, auto flight, flight path computation, instruments and the electrical elements of other aircraft systems, and any structural work directly associated with the maintenance of those systems);
(iv) S: Aircraft structures. (includes all airframe structures);

(9) Additional ratings.
Information Note:
Individuals who hold both an M1 and M2 rating will not be issued any additional ratings (e.g. E or S ratings), as those privileges are already held within the scope of the combined M1/M2 rating privileges.

It is surprising to me how many people are unaware of this wonderful little clause.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

Most know about it.

...but a lot don't know exactly what it means.

Return to “Maintenance”