G-METER question (non TSO) - can I swap 3" unit with a 2"?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

hoptwoit
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: G-METER question (non TSO) - can I swap 3" unit with a 2

Post by hoptwoit »

Good post. PilotDAR. Thanks for expanding on the electrical especially the between part.
I am not familiar with the aircraft. is a g meter required for aerobatics? I was only going by the optional part on the equipment list for the aircraft. I also agree it necessary to reference data of some kind for any install, minor or otherwise but at times with aviation is gets tough to arrive at black and white answers.

On that topic. I have seen the split bus bar relay replaced in many cessna with an avionics master switch. When reading through this topic that would be classed as major. Maybe there was an SB that covered it and I missed it. I don't want to derail the thread so if you feel this is off topic you can pm me if you like.
---------- ADS -----------

People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.
torquey401
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by torquey401 »

An informative resource - http://av8design.com/Topic_mods_home.htm

Relevant information that could be considered "approved data" - AC43.13-2B Chapter 11 "Adding or Relocating Instruments"

Good discussion!

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

This thread drifted into a discussion about electrical systems, which can be continued here: http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 7&t=107450

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “Maintenance”