To all the Senior AME.. I need your hepl

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

shuvodas
Rank 0
Rank 0

To all the Senior AME.. I need your hepl

Post by shuvodas »

To all the experienced Ame out there. I am 35 and have passion for aircraft. My background is IT but I really want to change it. I have did some research but I still need your help to understand the industry,, the entire licensing process, and at this stage of my life if its a wise decision to start all over again. I did my home work for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course in Centennial College Scarborough campus. Now My question is::
1. First I want a clear concept of E and M rating.
2.They offer two different program. a. Aircraft maintenance engineering and B. Avionics Maintenance Engineering. So between two of this which one would be a good choice.
3.Obviously they don't keep a A380 in their hanger to teach their student. So, once i pass the course how do i get the necessary working experience and technical and theoretical knowledge to to sit for the AME licensing exam??
4. How hard This AME licensing exam is?? What it covers? Apart from hands on experience is there any books for theoretical question?
4. I understand where ever you work or what ever you do,,, In a job market it all depends on your experience and knowledge. Everybody start from the beginning. From the course to a real hanger as an AME how the entire journey plays off??

To all the Senior Aircraft Engineer out there who are working at the moment or used to work,, with all the respect if you guys please help me to understand the entire journey i would be really thankful. I have a huge interest in this field. I know it will be a long shot but before i take any serious decision about my carrier I really need your help to understand if the juice is worth squeezing.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”