M Licence

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tohellnback
Rank 1
Rank 1

M Licence

Post by tohellnback »

I have been trying to get a transcript or something out of TC that has proof of my M licences for when i first got it
I am working with square wheels on TCs behalf
Does anyone know how to get proof of 5 licences issued since the 90s
I have lost all my receipts, applications and expired licences
Any help would be appreciated
---------- ADS -----------

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: M Licence

Post by robertw »

If you were licensed prior to 1999, you should have received a document from TCCA called a "Historical Record". It's a document that states all your licenses and endorsements under the previous licensing system. As far as I know, (and I know some of our older AME's have made requests to TCCA for a reprint or copy of the one they were supposed to receive) that the local offices don't have access to them. If they still exist, they would be at national headquarters in Ottawa in the archives. None of our AME's were successful in obtaining it though. They were told that documents of that type older than 10 years get purged from their archive system.

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (88.45 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
tohellnback
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tohellnback »

Thanks for the info and that document never caught up with me
Technically a AME can only say I am licensed for now because your licence expires every five years and lord help you if you are in a remote place and your date is coming up.
I signed off a ferry flight the day before my expiry date one time and got back to base a year older and no licence
I am looking for proof That I have recieved 5 licences since I was inducted in this Hall of Planes
What a BS racket
I am trying for cross credit for another trade

dirtdr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dirtdr »

Can you not get it by logging onto TCs website?
I don't have the link now, but as a pilot I can go see every rating, lisence, flight test, etc that I have ever had...

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by robertw »

Please post a link to that TCCA page. I've never heard of such a thing before. I'd doubt that AME info is there though...

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

For pilots & ATC folk: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... u-1798.htm

Hahahah! No offense to the hard-working guys/gals in Maintenance & Manufacturing but I can't see any of them working too much with such a technologically advanced idea....

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by robertw »

plhought wrote:Hahahah! No offense to the hard-working guys/gals in Maintenance & Manufacturing but I can't see any of them working too much with such a technologically advanced idea....

I agree with you! What a great resource for part of the industry. Would be nice to see AME info there too. Mind you we don't really have a lot of ratings to keep track of. Just M1, M2, E, S and Balloons!

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

plhought wrote:For pilots & ATC folk: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... u-1798.htm

Hahahah! No offense to the hard-working guys/gals in Maintenance & Manufacturing but I can't see any of them working too much with such a technologically advanced idea....
So you're implying that we are all knuckle dragging Neanderthals?

tohellnback
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tohellnback »

If a employer asked you for your credentials: why would you not come up with solid documents instead of saying been there done that
It baffles me that you cannot come up with proof of experience as a AME since you are involved with the CARs
Are everyone in the agency ignorant and don't care about the people that have studied, worked and paid to be in the industry
In any other trade in Canada you have a red seal and it is good for life it is not regulated bye GOV it is regulated by industry
This is probably why maintenance engineers are treated like slaves and others have more to reflect to
Our trade is a joke ! and you can't get a job as a lawnmower mechanic cause it is not recognized as a trade
This AME thing is regulated by a bunch of morons and gives you a waste of time fore other options
Is this the most gutless industry on earth

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

Meecka wrote:
So you're implying that we are all knuckle dragging Neanderthals?
No! It was meant in jest! I'm a big proponent of 'if-it-aint-broke-dont-fix-it'. The system works pretty good the traditional way now. Adding some fancy electronic tracking+who knows what isn't always the answer to efficiency. Just look at the new payroll system the public servants had to deal with!

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by robertw »

tohellnback wrote:If a employer asked you for your credentials: why would you not come up with solid documents instead of saying been there done that
It baffles me that you cannot come up with proof of experience as a AME since you are involved with the CARs
Are everyone in the agency ignorant and don't care about the people that have studied, worked and paid to be in the industry
In any other trade in Canada you have a red seal and it is good for life it is not regulated bye GOV it is regulated by industry
This is probably why maintenance engineers are treated like slaves and others have more to reflect to
Our trade is a joke ! and you can't get a job as a lawnmower mechanic cause it is not recognized as a trade
This AME thing is regulated by a bunch of morons and gives you a waste of time fore other options
Is this the most gutless industry on earth
You are the one responsible to prove your experience, not Transport Canada. You should have a record of employment from each of your employers. You always have your resume too. You should have training records that you've accumulated over your career. If not, you are the only one to blame. Don't get mad at some guys and gals sitting in the TCCA office because they can't retrieve records for you that you should have kept in the first place. That's not their job. They are supposed to be in the business of regulating the aviation industry.

tohellnback
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tohellnback »

thanks RTW you know what you are talking about
I all ready knew the answer; political garb don't ask a question if you don't know the answer Visea Versa
I thought some one could answer this question with a alternative
Back to the grind to get out of this horrible industry with credits

tohellnback
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tohellnback »

long live the maintainers of a industry that are looking for something less than you are
the avcan ads are proof shame on you operators. You will have problems

Return to “Maintenance”