Flair Airlines Ltd. is a charter airline providing customized charter service to a variety of markets including workforce transportation, niche tours and special charters.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Maintenance Operations Manager to join our team in Kelowna, BC. The Maintenance Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of the company’s aircraft and various other duties assigned by the Director of Maintenance (DOM).
The Maintenance Operations Manager can expect that travel will be a significant part of the role. The incumbent will travel with the aircraft to provide maintenance support as required. Travel will include Aircraft On Ground (AOG) support at remote locations. The incumbent works with minimal direct supervision on line and heavy maintenance projects in an aircraft hangar environment.
Primary Job Functions:
• Oversee daily routine maintenance on all aircraft;
• Liaise with the maintenance planning function to ensure Maintenance Schedule Approval (MSA) is up to date and current;
• Liaise with maintenance contractors; ensuring all maintenance is compliant to Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs);
• Resolve any AOG situations that arise;
• Approve the purchase of any parts over $500.00;
• Attend to Aircraft in remote bases and ensure through informal audit that the grooming, maintenance, stores, etc. are compliant with company policies;
• Fly in the capacity of Line Engineer on charters as required;
• Oversee the company’s Inventory Control program;
• Oversee the company’s Tool Control program;
• Assist with recruitment and selection as required; and
• Perform base visits and provide vacation coverage as required.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Assist with business projects as required, such as aircraft purchase and engine acquisition;
• Assist the Regulatory Compliance & Security Manager (RCSM) as required; and
• Such other duties as assigned by the DOM from time to time.
Safety Duties, Accountabilities, Authorities and Responsibilities:
• Involved in reactive and proactive risk assessments;
• Initiate the creation and implementation of corrective action plans as a result of Event/Hazard Reports, Preventative/Corrective Action Requests (PCAR) or audit findings;
• Verify corrective action plans to evaluate effectiveness;
• Encourage active participation in the Safety Management System (SMS) for all employees;
• Report proactive and reactive safety issues;
• Conduct assigned tasks and corrective actions;
• Demonstrate knowledge of employee and management responsibilities regarding safety and actively participate in the company’s SMS program; and
• Maintain familiarity with CARS as it pertains to commercial operations and maintenance requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Type “M” license; and B737 Classic experience;
• Minimum of 6 years’ direct experience supplemented with 2 years of Crew Chief and/or Supervisory experience;
• Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s license;
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Driving Airside License (D/A);
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC);
• Must maintain a valid Passport;
• Clear criminal record check;
• Must have experience in the handling of WHMIS controlled substances;
• Basic computer and data entry skills required;
• Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and time management skills required; and
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction.
• Proven organizational skills
• Good interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal
• Demonstrated good leadership skills
• Ability to initiate change
The successful incumbent will demonstrate good leadership skills and be highly organized with a high level of attention to detail. They will possess excellent verbal and written communications combined with the ability to work in a high stress, fast paced work environment while prioritizing tasks and assignments within tight deadlines.
Closing date: Sunday, August 1, 2016
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Careers@flairair.ca
. Applications will be reviewed as received.
We wish to thank everyone who applies but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.