Transport Canada Ame exams

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AcDave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Transport Canada Ame exams

Post by AcDave »

Hey guys I am new to this site,I am currently studying to write the Standard practices avionic exam,I am currently studying the Jeppesen General and Airframe books but they are huge
If anyone has any tips it will be greatly appreciated Thank you guys
---------- ADS -----------

newf91
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Transport Canada Ame exams

Post by newf91 »

Aww damn...you're doing all of them?

Apparently there's some courses offered around Canada. I haven't personally taken those exams but I've heard they're crazy difficult.

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

I've been told that the ASA AMT test prep books are helpful. They are tailored to the FAA tests, but the question format and material is said to be similar to the recent TC tests.
They should serve as a good way of helping you take the huge texts that are currently getting you down and divide them into bite sized pieces.

Edit: Maybe not so much for the avionics exams. I missed that part of the original post.

bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

The Stevenson AME refresher course is worth it's weight in gold! I took it a few years ago and it's tailored to pass the exams in house.

https://me.rrc.mb.ca/Catalogue/ProgramI ... onCode=WPG

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

ziedarmy2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ziedarmy2 »

Hello i will try again to pass exams but this time one exam each month, can you help me to get the exact books used for the Stevenson AME refresher course , i contacted Stevenson and they have course only next spring so i will take my chance to have a second tentative while waiting the course date.

wam2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wam2 »

Hello everyone

Can you please help me with the study material for sitting the AME E License?

I find the FAA ASA books and the Stevenson AME refresher courses are oriented towards the M license.

Thanks

KaZUcHen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KaZUcHen »

bring me the horizon wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 pm The Stevenson AME refresher course is worth it's weight in gold! I took it a few years ago and it's tailored to pass the exams in house.

Please can this course be done online?

bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

KaZUcHen wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:31 am
bring me the horizon wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 pm The Stevenson AME refresher course is worth it's weight in gold! I took it a few years ago and it's tailored to pass the exams in house.

Please can this course be done online?
Not as far as I know. They have accommodation packages at the airport. It's a short walk to classes. If you're lucky you can even get your current employer to sponsor you.

KaZUcHen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KaZUcHen »

I am preparing for the M2 exams. Presently, I am using the ASA test guide to practice. However I seem to realise the books are tailored for FAA. Please is it advisable to use them to study for TC=ransport Canada M2 exams, otherwise what can anyone here advice me?

Thanks

Benhur
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Benhur »

Friends,
I am trying to apply for a Permanent Resident visa to Canada through Express Entry program. My plan is to reach Canada and appear for M1 M2 exams. I have gone through basic training in India but I am not sure if that training will be valued in Canada. So My plan is to reach Canada and have my basic training qualification assessed by an inspector. If that does not workout, I just heard about ICS in Canada which has an online Aircraft Mechanic course which I can complete in less than a year. I checked the list of approved and acceptable list of training organisations in the website and I found the name of ICS in the list. I think if I enroll for the course then I will be eligible to appear for M1 M2 exams. I also know that I need work experience for writing M1 M2 exams. I have been working as an Aircraft Technician in India since Jan 2017 till date. Will this experience be counted as the eligibility ? I went throught the website and saw specific tasks that I should complete before appearing for the exams. And it says atleast 70% of the tasks listed should be completed. But since I am a Category B 1 technician ( mechanical ) and have only worked on fixed wing aircrafts fitted with turbofan engines and never in a rotary one many tasks associated with rotary and electricals in the list are tasks that I cannot complete. I have an Easa log book in which I have entered the tasks that I have associated with. Is there a specific log book format for canadian license? Please help me to go through the procedures and I humbly request for suggestions regarding the same. How can I make this happen?

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Behur,

Indian training is not recognized in Canada. You will have to redo basic training. You can do it online:

https://www.icslearn.ca/programs/trades ... -mechanics

I believe the time you did working on airplanes will count towards your logbook. You’ll have to fill out a logbook to 70% also. There is a specific logbook you’ll have to use and can be bought here. Or download from tc website:

https://www.avworld.ca/avworldca-logboo ... le-hc.html

I don’t think your logbook sign offs will count as Canada and India do not have a bilateral agreement for maintenance. So if air canada breaks in Delhi a DCA Indian licenced guy can’t sign the aircraft out. I know the Indian maintenance system is based off easa but isn’t easa approved or recognized.

Once you complete the logbook and ics:

You can write the 4 transport Canada licensed exams.

Please note the assessment officer from transport Canada had final say, but from what I’ve seen these are the outcomes usually.

Airframe
Power plant
Standard practices
Cars .

Good luck.

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Very few guys pass the tests on there own. Most have to do the prep course in Manitoba offered by Stevenson college. This is the route I would go, or just go back to school and do an approved course.

airbus_80
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airbus_80 »

anybody have RRC Refresher course available to share.
thx

Last edited by airbus_80 on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Choppermech1986 »

airbus_80 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 am anybody have TC exams available to share with us or the test provided at RRC Refresher course.
I try ti register for the course but is full booked now I have to wait to get into the program but if there its anybody out there with the exama dont be selfies and share we all looking for the sams goal.
im looking fwd to heard from you guys.
email me if you have the exams available jbardi80@hotmail.com
thx
I am dumber for reading this and I have a feeling you're not ready for an AME license anyway.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Choppermech1986 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:25 pm
airbus_80 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 am anybody have TC exams available to share with us or the test provided at RRC Refresher course.
I try ti register for the course but is full booked now I have to wait to get into the program but if there its anybody out there with the exama dont be selfies and share we all looking for the sams goal.
thx
I am dumber for reading this and I have a feeling you're not ready for an AME license anyway.
Transport has been kicking back a lot more logbooks lately….

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Can you imagine someone of that capacity being entrusted to not only not only sign off but actually put screws in to a machine. But when I actually thought about it that’s exactly the type of individual the government wants to gift an employer. No complaining, no glimmer of organizing and willing to be a “team player”. Transport Canada’s process of ticking the boxes can be easily accomplished with the right “support” from industry and the appropriate boxes will be filled. It will only get worse with time.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:08 am Can you imagine someone of that capacity being entrusted to not only not only sign off but actually put screws in to a machine. But when I actually thought about it that’s exactly the type of individual the government wants to gift an employer. No complaining, no glimmer of organizing and willing to be a “team player”. Transport Canada’s process of ticking the boxes can be easily accomplished with the right “support” from industry and the appropriate boxes will be filled. It will only get worse with time.
I agree it’s brutal in the talent pool. Someone’s going to have a real big screwup before things get any better

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

thx

Yep, this is the current and future talent pool. Dumb and entitled.

Last edited by Pat Richard on Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:16 pm
thx

Yep, this is the current and future talentt pool. Dumb and entitled.
Dumb isn’t a strong enough word, some of them can’t even read, that’s not even sarcasm. These ATO’s pumping out “graduates” are just passing the problem directly to the employers these days.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

I've noticed that in the last decade, or so. Reading and comprehension are seriously in the toilet with the millenial newbs and oddly they are defensive over it when you point it out.

Generally there's reference to "grammar police" and an inference of "okay boomer" as a response to their stupidity and basic comprehension. I guess it's cool to be stupid these days.

I watched this movie years ago and had a "Yeah right" mentality afterwards. It was funny, but I thought completely unbelieveable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2tUW0HDHA

Now, it's not so funny

Last edited by Pat Richard on Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maintenance”