We are currently seeking two full-time Maintenance Controllers to join our bases in Calgary, Edmonton, or Kelowna.
Reporting to the Maintenance Operations Manager or designate, the Maintenance Controller is an experienced, fully competent, licensed AME – M2 and is responsible for overseeing all line maintenance work performed to ensure that it is conducted in a safe, efficient and compliant manner by both company personnel and contracted maintenance providers. The Maintenance Controller provides direction for all aircraft maintenance concerns and coordinates with the various departments within the company to support aircraft schedule requirements.
• Ensure the airworthiness of the company’s fleet is maintained, displayed and updated as the status changes;
• Act as the central point of contact for front line aircrew, dispatch and maintenance for technical and logistical assistance;
• Maintain and exercise the authority and responsibility for the supervision and coordination of all unscheduled maintenance functions;
• Act as the focal point within the Operations Coordination Centre (OCC) for all aircraft maintenance related items;
• Provide real time recovery support for aircraft that are out of service and liaise with line maintenance, dispatch, OCC, purchasing and planning to establish a recovery plan of action;
• Maintain constant surveillance of overall line station activity. Authorizes the use of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL);
• Ensures MEL Deferred Item status is current and within time limits authorized by the MEL;
• Support the Planning department with short term and long term maintenance planning;
• Ensure all maintenance ferry flights are coordinated with all departments and are conducted in accordance with company policies, procedures and Transport Canada Regulations;
• Complete internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc., including performing maintenance computer system (i.e. RAAS) transactions as required;
• Update other Maintenance Controllers and Maintenance Operations Manager on progress of work performed;
• Assist with completion of shift turnover reports as required;
• Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards and report them using the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) program;
• Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned the company from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Completion of high school or equivalent;
• Transport Canada (TC) AME with M2 license
• Extensive Boeing 737 experience is key;
• Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian Air Regulations (CARs);
• Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and time management skills required;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work in stressful environment and manage multiple tasks effectively;
• Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, Airworthiness Directives, engineering drawings and procedure manuals;
• Ability to apply policies and procedures to decision making;
• Strong work ethic;
• Clear criminal record check;
• Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s license;
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC);
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction;
• Ability to work irregular hours or shift work that may include overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays, with a schedule that varies; and
• Two (2) years Maintenance Control experience is preferred.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, and a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply online no later than August 13th, 2017 by visiting https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply ... source=CC3
Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet the requirements of the position.
We wish to thank everyone who applies but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Flair logo small.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 2012 times